According to MSNBC on Thursday evening, the White House Drama is escalating.

Trump's explanations are beyond my ability to explain. Tune in and see what you can make of them.

Views: 202

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lilac, Frump and Dense are there.
If Pence were president, the entire Republican dream agenda would sail through Congress in like three weeks.

Doug Henwood

Ruth, I have for decades followed church-state news and have seen nothing about Doug Henwood. I googled his name and found nothing relevant. What has he done? Is his opinion more reliable than a coin toss?

I quoted him, not because I trust his reputation (I don't know him), but because that's my opinion as well. I imagine that the public has Trump-fatigue and will act as if the "crisis" is over and the US has returned to normal if the GOP uses the 25th amendment. Public willfull ignorance will last, I think, long enough for the GOP to push through everything they need to harden this into a fascist oligarchy. Once people can be killed for protest, as in many other countries, and both police and courts owe allegiance to the police state rather than the public, things will get bad indeed.

Ruth, only religion stirs as much pessimism.

With lies it tells us that collectively we are the pinnacle of creation and individually, because non-humans don't sin, we are at the bottom.

The disease spread by religion's lies is powerlessness.

Doug Henwood has ZERO knowledge of the attempts to join church and state that have been defeated

1. in legislative committees

2. if they survive committees, in legislatures,

3. if they survive legislatures and are signed by governors, in courts.

He is hopelessly ignorant AND POWERLESS, and he is spreading his hopelessness and powerlessness.

And for reasons you know and I don't know, you bought into them and are spreading them.

"Impeaching Trump means Mike Pence will be president. It's like beating cancer and then finding out you have aids."

Danny Bevins

I found this quote on Facebook.

Not quite, Michael.

Pence has said he is xian, Republican and American in that order but he needs to pander. A Dominionist, perhaps, but he's not an ignorant, thin-skinned narcissist.

PS. More than finding it on FB, you probably don't believe all you see on FB.

Facebook is a joke, Tom. I posted Danny Bevins' words because they are funny and also likely true in the sense of how we are still screwed with Pence.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service