http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/3a/47/9f3a47651329251de44fafc8b68c3960.jpg

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure - Ben Franklin -

I agree with Ben Franklin but it would seem that God doesn't in spite of the fact that the Bible says otherwise. 

“Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.  “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22)

OK then...Hey JEEEEEZUZ, ask your lowlife father cure all diseases.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

Let me get this straight Jeeeesus, are you saying, whatever I ask in your name you will make it happen?  OK, here's a list; 

1. Kill your father. 

2. Raise Jerry Falwell from the dead so that I can torture him.

3. Come back to earth and admit that your father is a douche bag and you are a sucker.

4. Kill all the bad people.

5.Stop all natural disasters.

6. End starvation.

7. End the cycle of predator and prey.

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why waste your mental energy on prayer and proving if it's effective? Talking to imaginary friends, pffft! It's just activating verbal brain circuits, pretend conversations. Try paying attention to the real world, talking to actual people. Even talking to your pets is more helpful than that nonsense.

The faithful always pray after the fact to enjoy their piety but they don't pray to prevent bad things. I think that even the "faithful" know that prayer is total BS but they lack the courage to say, "Prayer is total BS." 

It also could be that they would have to admit that if God is real then God is evil.

Chuck, are you serious? The faithful do not pray to prevent bad things? Excuse me! Have you never been in a country praying for protection from storms? Or a church community praying for the safety of each other? Or of the individual praying for protection from bad things? 

It takes more than praying before and after any kind of disaster because there is no evidence of a god that protects nor a god that is evil. There is no evidence of god.

Generally the fundies pay after the fact. Usually after the a mass shooting they pray for victims after the fact. Some Christers do pray preventative prayer but there is a lot more post tragedy praying. When there is a hurricane the Christers usually blame gays. Most praying is done after the fact. 

If they were to preemptively, they know it won't work and they don't want to make God look like a liar because they feat his wrath. It doesn't take much to rub God the wrong way and they never know what might piss him off. God it not a very rational tyrant. 

I think most believers do the Pascal's wager thing. Deep down the also believe that God is BS but on the slight chance that God is real they fake belief, just in case.

I think if they took a polygraph they would fail. Me? I hate God just in case he/it exists. 

How many years of failed prayers do we have to endure? How many wars has prayer been unable to stop? How many polio victims, Ebola deaths, cancer sufferers have to occur before we finally understand that there are no answered prayers. There are some who experience comfort in prayer and I do not deny them their tranquilizer. I strongly reject their claims that god gives them healing, emotional and physical. The body heals itself, with the aid of care and science, or the body succumbs to the dis-ease. 

Belief in god and prayers may bring hope to people, however, hope is not enough. The prayers of one or a million do not end wars, diseases, and sufferings. Belief in god and prayers cause many wars, diseases, and sufferings. 

If God exists God is an evil entity. If there is a God he/she/it has earned the hate of humanity. God could be the collective unconscious Freud spoke of. There is scientific proof that when something bad is about to happen globally random number generators start spitting out negative numbers.

Check out the Human Consciousness Project 

If a force or energy created this system of things for corporeal life and predator vs prey we may as well oppose it. Most of us humans have a sense of justice but life is unjust. 

If I were to be a believer in the god of Abraham I would be a Calvinist. Calvinists drive other Christians crazy.

If there are other intelligent beings perhaps they are able to rule their own fate. Perhaps they exist in a non corporeal form?

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service