All of my past relationships were with religious people, and I know in the back of my mind it always bothered me.

Now Im wondering if there will ever be a chance that if I give up and date another religious guy, would there be a way that I could make it work?

"Love" can only be a good excuse for so long.

I was wondering if anyone else is wondering the same thing?

Do you care if your person of intrest is religious or Atheist?

and why?

Views: 678

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps - at least pro wrestling FANS. Some of the wrestlers themselves seem to be pretty sharp people.
As sharp as any other pro-athlete I guess! LOL
They seem to consider themselves more as entertainers than as athletes. Sort of like professional stunt men.

Well for a 60 y/o guy, I'd be willing to concede that you take whatever you can get... But as for the rest, I can't understand that perspective at all. My scepticism, my rejection of all religious fabulations is central to my existence, and has always been. Children and parental values are central issues, if you wait a couple of years until you're emotionally invested with a person, and only then make important decisions "as you get to that bridge", well, I flat out disagree. It's the comparison between planning and knee jerk reactions. "She is from a very accepting family" well, for me, people's "accepting of anything" is a crucial problem in our society, its exactly these types of conservatives who accepted deregulation of our economies and created the financial meltdown. You'd like to be with an "accepting" woman... That's a line straight out of one of those old fogies who hire mail bride agencies to buy 3rd world brides... "find me someone who's accepting", apparently those Filipino agencies are particularly efficient at finding "accepting" brides.

I'm real sorry if this seems harsh... sweeping values under the carpet to me is the mother of all lies. I would hope that atheist singles look for character and outspokenness and realism and integrity from a prospective life partner.

Anyway, it's your life, these are just my thoughts.

What about: She has said once that she would like her children, when she has them, to go to Catholic school. ?

Do you not think that should be settled before you get there rather than when you get there? Unless you yourself don't see her as that woman, then it's an entirely different story.

But if you do have kids, in the event that she 'accepted' your view and they were not sent to a religious school, she would be going against her values to please you. That is not something I'd wish my mate to do.

Heck, if no one has replied in that time frame, I'd just copy and paste it into a new message and fix it there.

Whoops, too late now.  :-D

First of all, I wouldn't be having the discussion so late that the kids would already be of school-going age.  Seeing as how she and I have just started dating, I think I've got some time before I have to have that discussion.

I think your time-frame is still a little wonky.  You have this talk before you have children, not before your children are in school.  If you're having children at all, you have to clear all of the potential issues with the person you're planning on having children.  Unless you're planning on your children dying by the age of 5, you know the problem is coming.

Cool.  That's fine, then.  Your wording was just a bit off of your intent, if that's the case.

I have found it hard dating Christians.  It's like they can't help themselves.  For example, when they make such statements as "God Bless Japan" or "Pray for Japan", it sounds sooo stupid to me.  I don't think I could stomach stupid statements like that after a while. In my mind I would be thinking "dumbass, why didn't your God stop the damn Tsunami in the first place".   And how long can a person hold those types of thoughts in. 

I don't think it works out unless the so called Christian doesn't really give a darn about their Christianity.

In the African American community, they care and care alot.  It's so engrained in our culture, it's everywhere!  All though, they still want to engage in premarital sex, lol. 

Yeah, from my perspective, watching from the outside, black churches take it WAY more seriously.  Scott has that advantage with his Catholic chick.  There are some scary, intense Catholics ... but mostly, Catholic churches are full of people going through the motions on Sunday, and then they don't think about God for the rest of the week.

Joseph, it is so wack!!!!   In my neighborhood the is literally a church on almost every other corner in a 3 mile radius.  And I bet that is an under estimate.

And on facebook, there are daily Bible quotes from my friends and associates.  Just to get them thru their day.  Oh, and man the prayer chains I get via cell phone text messaging.  smh. 

It's maddening, lol.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service