Now, this is scary. What if this deluded individual becomes president? With tea party movement and anti-intellectual bible thumping industry shills like this guy getting favor, it seems the US is in the perfect position to become a straight-up fascist state. Most of the indicators are there already. I'm kinda getting freaked out. What do y'all think?

Views: 651

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol. 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinionsbut they are not entitled to their own facts.

~Daniel Patrick Moynihan

The 'dumbing down' of science is something I keep hoping the Obama administration takes a much stronger stand against in public schools curriculum.  The general public has lost its respect for scientists, scholarship, and research.  Being an intellectual now is something to be ridiculed and held in contempt. Leaders who appear to be 'eggheads' have been encouraged to 'tone it down' and speak the language of the 'common people'....lowest common denominator, if you ask me!  Whenever you hear a politician use the term 'folks'...that's an indicator of this trend.

Ignorance about science is a topic for somebody in a leadership position to discuss in front of the American people.  It has consequences.  As Susan Jacoby, author of "The Age of American Unreason" defines the problem:  "Scientific illiteracy provides fertile soil for political appeals based on sheer ignorance."  (Sure sounds like some current appeals from the candidates from the right side of the political spectrum these days.)

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service