Sam Harris The Case Against Christianity
Sam Harris offers his case against the Christian god concept

Samuel Benjamin "Sam" Harris is an American author, neuroscientist, philosopher, the co-founder and chief executive of Project Reason, a non-profit organization that promotes science and secularism

Views: 401

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Oh the damage we have already done, not any of our faults but the fault of the collective societies that believed we were given control of everything, because it was ordained by a mythical being that it was given to us to do with as we wish and screw it good and proper is what the collective us have done.

It won't go away, but, at least we can gain some hope that the world is trying to turn it around, well anyway, the talk is there, it is just hard to get nations to walk their talk.

Atheist in FundyLand,

That's a very heartfelt statement. I really enjoyed reading it and capturing the impact of your words.

There's so much wrong in our world and with ourselves as a species. But at the same time, I can't help but marvel in awe at what we have accomplished for the good of us all.

The hard and depressing aspect of life is to notice, understand, and to come to terms with our reality, and to somehow forge ahead to make positive changes. In doing so, we walk a thin line between total despair and unrealistic optimism. But If we don't do it for ourselves, then we have failed those who follow us, placing an even larger burden upon them.

You should take what you've written above, copy it, paste it, print it and save it. The next time you're feeling depressed about yourself or our situation, just reread what you have written. You understand and you "get it."  That's commendable, and certainly a lot more than many other people have done or care to do.

About climate change and god, one of Fox noise' famous news people said, "don't worry. he's still up there." This equates to one of the dumbest things I have ever heard.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service