Of course he's right, in the sense that he is a far right wingnut theocratic misogynist.  But he's right, in a way, about environmentalism, too.  I watched a documentary about an attempt to convince several protestant ministers, preachers, pastors, &c. that the polar regions are melting, and the only convert the Earth First people made was of an African-American mainstream minister.  We know just by listening to The 700 Club and like religious programs, that Evangelicals tend to be rather laissez-faire when it comes to environmental issues: look at how Bachmann made such a point of chanting Drill!  Drill!  Drill!, and you don't get much more authentically theocratic than Michelle.  Since only Evangelicals will be saved once the flooding begins and other catastrophes occur, signs and portents of that most insidious of self-fulfilling prophecies, that miraculous post hoc Event, when the "Lord" will return and save only them from the clutches of Satan.

Consider the ingenious "logic" of these delusional nits.  The omniscient good God destroys everyone on earth but a group of a few million who believe in the Rupture Rapture.  How can he be good and all-powerful as well?  Consider the smug elitism of this group of fools: the egoism, the solipsistic view of the universe and all that's in't.  Why would a good god destroy innocent children and house cats?  What would be the point of such wrath?  Since so many of these saps claim that climate change is something "the Lord" would not visit upon his creation, they invent bogus science, pretend that an isolated instance of global warming data manipulation represents the whole of all research, and other like dirty tricks.  Remember, these are the people who came up with the Answer to Darwin: God put fossils in the earth to fool evolutionists.  Santorum is right, all right.  Very, very right.

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If it weren't for the Enlightenment and atheists like voltaire and us, his descendants, Santorum, Gingrich, and the rest of the theocratic fascist crackpots would still be burning witches at the stake.

Using fagots (i.e. queer men) as kindling, I might add.  The word eventually came to be spelled with two "g's," but the Wise Women who supplied abortifacients to peasant women (pagani) were thought to be in league with homosexuals.  The whole thing was a priest's wet dream.

As I was watching network news, I was counting all the times that religion came into the discussion: the tragedy of the school shooting in Ohio (Coach states "I know God was with them...), the lives lost during the tornadoes in the Midwest (a storm of 'biblical proportion'), the Republican opposition to insurance covering contraceptives (violation of religious freedom argument), and even a commercial about retirement planning showing a family holding hands and praying at the dinner table(Like: Please, Lord, make sure I have enough $ to make it to 90).  Maybe my radar is tuned in a little too well but I'm feeling like I'm noticing this cultural trend more and more! 

We tolerate free speech, I understand that and appreciate it, but placing all opinions on equal footing and not even trying to separate fact from fiction...that's what gets under my skin.  When folks like Santorum and other cultural conservatives denounce scientific experts for the mere fact that they are hearing information that they don't LIKE, I think there needs to be a counter balance.  I know thinking is a tiresome thing, but Rick should really try it some time because he just keeps getting into trouble when he speaks from the 'heart':

“No teleprompters; no written speeches; the opportunity to see what’s in here, and what’s up here, and what’s burning down here,” he said, pointing to his head and heart.   (that's not where he pointed, by the way...har har).

He's delusional!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service