Hi Folks. I heard about this event on YT a few days ago. I think it would be great if it were well-attended by folks from the atheist /skeptical communities.
Here is their teaser:
Atheism is on the rise. If you haven't been confronted by it yet, you will be.
Your children are already being challenged by it. Here are some sobering facts:
- 1 in 4 Americans under 30 now describe their religion as 'atheist', 'agnostic' or 'nothing in particular.
- the number of Americans with no religious affiliation has doubled since 1990, to 15 percent.
- young people are dropping out of church at 5-6 times the historic rate, often because of intellectual doubts
- books by the New Atheists have gone mainstream, many becoming international bestsellers
- skeptic groups are becoming aggressive; the Secular Student Alliance has doubled in two years, and has established 250 chapters in U.S. schools "
I will be travelling from the Monterey Bay area to the Brentwood location if anyone would like to carpool.