As I write, 6 of the blog posts are pure spam. 2 on hair loss, one on water softener parts, I forget the other 3. That's half of the front page blog posts.

That means that half of the blog posts at this moment are spam.

What can we do about this?

Views: 108

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

puts on gruff old Yorkshire man tone

Audio file please, or you can't do it.
I have enabled the preapproval option for members. Hopefully, it won't cause too many headaches for new members.
So far, it's actually easier on me. For whatever reason, my dinosaur seems to like clicking on that link rather than having to go go back and forth.
yep that's why.
Gosh, it's great that someone noticed.
I think that is a great idea.
I've mentioned this before - is there a way to prevent new accounts from posting new artciles for several days ? This is remarkably effective against hit and run spammers, even if they are 'bots.
I thought that is what Richard did when he said:
"I have enabled the preapproval option for members. Hopefully, it won't cause too many headaches for new members."

Did I misunderstand?
Don't know. Just know platforms like phpBB allow you to set a timer for new accounts before they can post.
oh, pre-approval for members to join. Hmmm

I like the idea of not posting anything new for a period of time. One should need the time to get to know the site anyway. I like that they can comment, but not post anything new.
The only way someone could get your personal email address from this site would be if you post it in a public place, such as your profile page or one of the forum categories.
You're welcome.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service