I would like to do a piece on my blog, Releasing Religion, regarding mixing God & government.  And I'd like to know what opinions people have here about doing such a thing.  Some points to mention are:

Glenn Beck is well known for arguing that we have misunderstood that founding fathers & their desire to keep church & state separate.  Holding his rally on 8/28, he gathered 150.000 people to hear him talk about bringing out country "back to God".  What do you think it would do to our country to "get back to God"? 

The Tea Party has been called racist Chrisotcrats. In their recent convention, most conference sessions began with prayers.  What do you think of the Tea Party?  Do you know very little about them?  Do you know a lot?  Please share your thoughts here.

The piece will be posted on www.releasingreligion.blogspot.com

Tags: 8/28, Beck, Christocrats, Glenn, Honor, Party, Rally, Restoring, Tea

Views: 478

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I still feel this will wind up being a "tempest in a teapot" so to speak.
It's outlived it's usefulness. What began as a serious question about the role of gov't in the financial markets was quickly suborned in to a propaganda tool by the GOP, a.k.a- Karl Rove & co.
The tea baggers that don't get the message will get kicked around by the establishment for a while and then be forgotten. They already gave Bachmann a slap and it seems they're getting ready to give Palin one.(With her, all they have to do is turn off the money spigot) They've already consumed Rand Paul, and the most severe loonies lost. The ones that did get in will learn to tow the party line soon enough.
It never became more than a sideshow.
Which worked to an extent. The could have won the Senate if they would have routed out the crazies from the outset. I think they even tried, but didn't want to risk coming off as too cannibalistic.
What I fear is what they might dream up next.
In a weird wonkish way, this election was good for the left in terms of the long game. Most of the dems that lost were of the "blue dog" variety. They formed a bloc that was very difficult for the establishment democrats to work with. Which, if they play it right, could strengthen their hand for the big election in two years.

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service