This is a quote from Allen Watt.  One of the best speakers about religion on NPR.  If you don't believe me just read the book of Leviticus.  

Fundamentalist Christians raciest are the most none Christlike people in America.  I have been an Atheist since I was very young  but I have read the bible from front to back.  It is full of a lot of ideology similar to the Muslim Bible.  Stoning people, selling you children, not going near a woman who is having her cycle.

The only redeeming thing in it is Christ's teaching.  Love you neighbor, do unto others as you would want them to do to you.

How can Christians be so fucking hateful?    

Views: 1090

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It has been the cause of much evil for 100's of years so I still srand by my statement thet THE BIBLE IS EVIL.

Idk where this quote originated, tho I came to it thru Chris Hitchens: Good people will do good and bad people do evil acts, yet it takes religion to make good people perform evil acts.

So, in answer to your question, theists perform evil acts precisely because their god tells them to. One of the first things gods chosen people did after being chosen was to kill everyone already living on land that god had seeded to them. Mighty convenient that.

I'm not expecting proof; for many Christians, the empty tomb is "proof" that Jesus was resurrected.  And the Jesus in the NT is not an Essene, but his teachings may be adapted from the Teacher of Righteousness, who lived a couple of centuries earlier.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service