The Big Bang Doesn't Deserve Your Faith. It Also Doesn't Deserve Your Tax Money.

I once heard a Unitarian minister say Unitarianism is for people who haven't kicked the church habit.

The Big Bang is for people who haven't kicked the faith habit.

It has preachers. They make claims. They spend billions of taxpayers' money looking for evidence and publish press releases claiming to have found it. The only peer reviews their claims get are by their fellow preachers. 

And they have their faithful, who have yet to kick their faith habit.

If there is a faith gene I'm one of thousands who don't have it. Many of us studied electrical engineering.

The Big Bang will become history when Congress stops spending taxpayer money on it.

Forty five years ago I was one of many who helped stop the flow of taxpayers' money to those who wanted to dam rivers. It was a struggle.

Views: 774

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What do you know of electricity, Jotham?

Researchers—many are electrical engineers—need only scale the voltages and currents measured in space down to the amounts we use on earth and almost everything can be tested. From their tests they can and do predict electrical events in space.

Youtube clips at www.thunderbolts.info tell of research that has been done. Many clips are short, around ten to fifteen minutes. 

Some of them deal with climate change on other planets. Use the Youtube search bar to find them. I understand that space weather researchers have some news for earth weather researchers. 

I don't know much about electricity. I know how to make a current work, that's about it.

I've only found four lines of evidence they use for the big bang.

Red Shift, atomic makeup signature, background radiation, less organized galaxies further away.

Is there anything else? Cause I wouldn't call that "overwhelming evidence"

Jotham, Chapter 1, regarding red shift.

A search on ‘red shift controversy’ found relevant info.

Searches on ‘red shift _____’ found info consistent with the Bang.

Hubble expressed doubt that red shift measured velocity but others ignored his doubt. Data from NASA space missions support a ‘red shift measures age’ hypothesis.

Chapters 2-4 will follow.

Jotham, Chapter 2. atomic makeup signature

Unless this refers to analyzing molecules to determine their origins, I don't know what it is.

They claim that the further you look out in space, the great the ratio of light atoms to heavier atoms is found in galaxies.

Jotham, Big Bangers make many claims for which they offer no evidence—such as black holes, neutron stars, inflation, and more. The reason? They find evidence not in the universe but in their mathematics.

Is their ratio of light to heavier atoms another unevidenced claim?

If I may put words in their mouths, “Damn universe! It’s not obeying my math!”

As I mentioned before, Light atoms make up the vast majority of our own solar system. Looking at things from a distance, more and more of the minority portions become unnoticeable as they are overpowered by the light from the main portion of the object. So the atomic ratios assumption doesn't work since we can't "ground truth" it.

And yeah, making mathematical calculations from presuppositions doesn't work for evidence.

Jotham, Chapter 3, background radiation.

Big Bangers are champions at persuading people to repeat their unevidenced claims.

Wallace Thornhill and David Talbott, in their The Electric Universe (pp 14-15) cite the efforts of many researchers to estimate the background temperature. They report, “In fact, the proponents of the Big Bang had made the worst predictions.”

They conclude their article with “The CMBR is simply the ‘hum’ of the galactic power lines in the vicinity of our solar system.”

Who hasn’t heard electric power lines humming?

The main trouble I have with the background radiation thing is that the big bang theory was already formulated and the radiation was an accidental discovery. They made up the "residual radiation" idea to make another "evidence" for the big bang. It wasn't something they had predicted and was looking for.

Exactly, Jotham.

Jotham, Chapter 4, less organized galaxies further away.

I’ve seen nothing on this subject.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service