1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)
First off, when some one qualifies a statement they are about to make, they are about to tell a lie.
2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)
When Christers lie and tell you that you need faith to get your prayers answered show them this verse.
3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)
OK, then if a congregation prays for an end of disease it should happen instantly.
4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)
Has a mountain ever been moved by asking God to do it? Hell no! OK Jeeeezuz, End the corona virus that your father created.
5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)
6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)
OK Jesus, I need a better car but I just looked in my driveway and there the same old junker is sitting there. What's up with that?
7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)
Whatever I want? OK, I want you to end all the diseases your scumbag father created. Maybe you are delusional Jesus because the last thing you said to your father was, "Father why have you forsaken me." See Jesus, your father is a real dick.
8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)
Hey Jesus, what are you getting out of this? Why do I have to go through you? Does you old man need batteries for his hearing aid?
9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)
There you go again with telling me to go through you. Humans have been around for 125,000 years before you showed up. Did your sicko father simply ignore their pleas?
Here's how you can use this on a Christard. Christard like to say, prove there isn't a god. As dishonest as that challenge is, you can still use it against them. And while you may not prove to their satisfaction that there is no god, you can prove that the god they claim to worship is a dick and his son is a fool or a liar.
Another possibility is that the god Christians worship has lost most of his power, from creating the universe to, nowadays, only being able to occasionally appear on toast or on dogs' butts.
The all knowing God is pathetic.
I love this graph, Grinning Cat!
There was a problem with the coronavirus because god simply had no idea that the devil would go this far. In a limited sense the devil still works for god so all of this is really god's fault. At this point the faithful want to inject some sort of "sin" you are doing that made god do what he did. It's either that, or "god is testing your faith." On my part I no longer have any faith. None at all. It says in Mark that believers could even drink poison and not be harmed but all these whining Christians are asking god to protect them from the coronavirus. I've got a handle on it. I'm gonna put lamb's blood on my doorpost.
Christians tell us not to put God to the test. OK. How about we put their faith to the test.
I've trolled Christian chat rooms in the past with this scripture. I preface it with with getting them to agree that prayer works, the Bible is inerrant, Jesus is God and God cannot lie. Then I would them to pray for the end of childhood cancer. Then they'd ban me.
Sadly, I can find no more Christian chat rooms to troll. Ahhh the good old days!
Ooops I spoke too soon. Here's a new one.
Look at all those poor kids at St. Jude. Their fathers must have really did a lot of sin. How else do you justify god not helping them or healing them? Maybe St. Jude himself would do it if we lit a candle and prayed to him just right. Some people get magical powers when they die if we believe in god's magical powers while we are alive.
Maybe God's plan is indistinguishable from no god and no plan.
Believers handle poisonous snakes with faith god will protect them. I wonder why so many of them die of snake poisoning?
But they'll end up in heaven, so everything's still OK! :)
That works for me!
There isn't a god, therefore, god did not create coronaviruses or anything else on this planet or in this universe. If we want to place blame, it can go onto the hands of human activity, messing around with germs, bacteria, and viruses and their cures. Or we can place the blame on evolution, which seems to be more tolerable because it doesn't put the burden on the backs of humanity.
Ducking responsibility, when human action creates problems, proves to be foolish and childish. "I/we didn't do it!" when, in fact, we did, gives us no remedy.