1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen.  “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)

First off, when some one qualifies a statement they are about to make, they are about to tell a lie.

2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)

When Christers lie and tell you that you need faith to get your prayers answered show them this verse.

3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven.  For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)

OK, then if a congregation prays for an end of disease it should happen instantly.

4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him.  Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)

Has a mountain ever been moved by asking God to do it? Hell no! OK Jeeeezuz, End the corona virus that your father created.  

5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.  For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)

6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.  If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)

OK Jesus, I need a better car but I just looked in my driveway and there the same old junker is sitting there. What's up with that?

7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)

Whatever I want? OK, I want you to end all the diseases your scumbag father created. Maybe you are delusional Jesus because the last thing you said to your father was, "Father why have you forsaken me." See Jesus, your father is a real dick.

8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)

Hey Jesus, what are you getting out of this? Why do I have to go through you? Does you old man need batteries for his hearing aid?

9) On that day you will not question me about anything.  Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you.  Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)

There you go again with telling me to go through you. Humans have been around for 125,000 years before you showed up. Did your sicko father simply ignore their pleas? 

Here's how you can use this on a Christard. Christard like to say, prove there  isn't a god. As dishonest as that challenge is, you can still use it against them. And while you may not prove to their satisfaction that there is no god, you can prove that the god they claim to worship is a dick and his son is a fool or a liar.

Views: 140

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joan, I hope you are aware that a lot of my answers are in jest. I tell the religious today that the coronavirus is going on like it is because god had no idea that the devil would carry it this far.

Oh! Dear! I missed an opportunity to be amused! I have no funny bone and spend a lot of time probing, exploring, and examining ideas that come to me in A/N mail. 

For example: Did you know "Even though a safe and cost-effective vaccine is available, in 2018, there were more than 140,000 measles deaths globally, mostly among children under the age of five"?

I know, that isn't of importance to us and we have more important things to do; but just think! as recently as 2018, 140,000, mostly children, died of measles!

Sorry, I can't think of anything funny!

We can't prove that there isn't a god and the theist can't prove their is. What we can prove is if there is a god, that god is pure evil. They derive their BS evidence for God by using the Bible and circular arguments that attempt to defend the Bible as inerrant. We know the Bible is total BS but let's do what they do and pretend it's not BS. Here is an example. "The Father is greater than I" in John 14:28 That kinda blows the Jesus is God crap out of the water as well as the trinity.

10:30 I and my Father are one.  Huge contradiction!

It gets worse for them. They will tell you that God can do anything. The Bible says he can't. And the LORD was with Judah; and he drave out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron. Judges 1:19

Very quickly by using their own source for belief you have proven that Jesus is not God and you have proven that their God can't do anything. You have also proven by using their Bible that their Bible is has errors and contradictions.

We can't prove that there is not a god and they can't prove that there is a god but we can demonstrate that their source and foundation of their belief is a total lie. 

If you try to debate them on the existence of God they will lie ad send you down one rabbit hole after another. Their intellectual dishonesty and cowardice has no limits. 

The truth of the matter is, the burden of proof is on them. If you make them question the basis of their faith the ones with an ounce of integrity may face reality and embrace logic.

Susan Blackmore observed (as a side note in The Meme Machine) that the Christian Bible may have survived for so long precisely because it's "adaptable"; it can be used to justify just about anything!

More contradictions: Just a few chapters after the "chariots of iron" passage, nine hundred chariots of iron weren't in fact too difficult for the LORD to deal with.

And two consecutive verses in Proverbs advise "Answer not a fool according to his folly..." and "Answer a fool according to his folly..."

There might be a supernatural being "out there", not just in people's heads, just like there might be a tiny teapot orbiting the sun between Earth and Mars. But a god as described in Abrahamic scriptures and teachings, a God that occasionally affects our world (but, evidently, mostly hides), a God with real consequences (not created by our own psychology and society and actions) for submitting to and obeying, or not, is staggeringly improbable. "God's plan" is indistinguishable from no god and no plan.

Some people have suggested that the universe is God. 

You may find the Human Consciousness Project interesting.  It seems that when a catastrophic event random number generator go haywire.

I will not rule out the possibility that there is something beyond our comprehension or some sort of non corporeal or non mechanical intelligence.

Given the biting miseries humans endure it does given the notion of Bible God some credibility. Bible God certainly is an asshole.

"Asshole?" YES!  The gods of the modern era that come to us through scriptures do not meet the needs of humans, flora, and fauna of this age. The simple moral truths needed today include caring for each other and the earth and all of its passengers.

The god of the old days instructed humans to slaughter those who were not like them and, in mythology, performed many bloodbaths himself.

The god of the recent past taught love but, hypocritically had god's son butchered. Go figure!

The god of modern days is one who values precious metals, property, consumption, and demonstrates how to gain these valuables by example: magnificent homes, expensive cars, and more consumerism for some and poverty for others.  After all, the wealthy earned their wealth just as the poor earned their poverty. 

Asshole? Yes! and selfish, arrogant, paranoid, he causes conflict, is greedy, fanatical, obsessive, cruel, manipulative, jealous, spoiled, prejudiced, physically and emotionally abusive, audacious, callous, childish, fierce, indifferent, self-righteous, and an asshole. 

The god of the recent past taught love but, hypocritically had god's son butchered. Go figure!

Jack Chick, dead and standing before God’s throne: “But I’m forgiven! You died on the cross for the world’s sins! I believe in You! JESUS SAVES!” God replies, “THAT’S ABSURD! Why would I need to sacrifice Myself to Myself to allow Me to change a rule... I MADE MYSELF!?!”

From Jim Huber's "Dead to Rights", a parody of the Chick tract "Last Rites".

I like this: "God's plan" is indistinguishable from no god and no plan.

A misotheist (God hater) would disagree.  Life on earth is brutal for all living things and when some boot licker proclaims God is love I want to throttle them.

I suppose I am an agnostic who thinks, "If there is a god, that god is pure evil". Since we can't prove of disprove the existence of God I chose to hate God be it a real tangible being or the vile creation of humans. The god of Abraham is pure evil. When Christards say God is love and Muslimes say God is great, it makes my blood boil. I don't ignore my passionate hate and anger towards god and his ass lickers. I bash them frequently because like their god, they are liars and bullies. Bullies should not be ignored. Bullies should be beaten into submission.

There are non-violent ways to deal with the gods of the past. That which you hate returns to you in hate. Try turning your thinking around and your feelings will follow. Find what you love and care for and pay attention to that. What will you lose if you try this practice?

We don't know that there isn't a god. God defined as a supreme being. We know that somehow the universe came to be. We know that humans suffer needlessly and unjustly. We know that the god in the Bible is a horrible character who would come in his pants watching living things suffer and beg for mercy. 

Again, we don't know that there is no god but we do know that if there is a god, that god is an asshole. If that god created this system of things as many believe and or allows it that God need to be destroyed. Even if that god is merely a creation of humans, it must be destroyed. If the theists believe that their god created everything suck as the cute little songbirds that get eaten by God's snake then they have to give God credit for all the pathogens that plague humans and our furry friends. 

See the source image

See the source image

It's BS like this graphic that makes my blood boil. Whether there is or isn't a god is beside the point. Whether God is real, fake or something in between will not change the fact that believing or pretending prayer works and advocating it is damaging to the world. Prayer doesn't work!  It never will work and the only reason prick eating politicians tell people to pray is to show off their piety to the other hypocrites.

PRAY? Why? For what purpose? 

"I don't like it when people say, 'I'll pray for you. I'm going to pray for you. Praying for you.' You're going to pray for me? So you're going to sit at home and do nothing? 'Cause that's what your prayers are; you doing nothing while I struggle with a situation. Don't pray for me - make me a sandwich or something.
~ Hannibal Buress

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2020   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service