1) And Jesus answered and said to them, “Truly I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what was done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, `Be taken up and cast into the sea,’ it will happen. “And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive.” (Matthew 21:21-22 NAS)
First off, when some one qualifies a statement they are about to make, they are about to tell a lie.
2) Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Matthew 7:7-8 NAB)
When Christers lie and tell you that you need faith to get your prayers answered show them this verse.
3) Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst. (Matthew 18:19-20 NAS)
OK, then if a congregation prays for an end of disease it should happen instantly.
4) Amen, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, ‘Be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it shall be done for him. Therefore I tell you, all that you ask for in prayer, believe that you will receive it and it shall be yours. (Mark 11:24-25 NAB)
Has a mountain ever been moved by asking God to do it? Hell no! OK Jeeeezuz, End the corona virus that your father created.
5) And I tell you, ask and you will receive; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives; and the one who seeks, finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened. (Luke 11:9-13 NAB)
6) And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it. (John 14:13-14 NAB)
OK Jesus, I need a better car but I just looked in my driveway and there the same old junker is sitting there. What's up with that?
7) If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you. (John 15:7 NAB)
Whatever I want? OK, I want you to end all the diseases your scumbag father created. Maybe you are delusional Jesus because the last thing you said to your father was, "Father why have you forsaken me." See Jesus, your father is a real dick.
8) It was not you who chose me, but I who chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit that will remain, so that whatever you ask the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16 NAB)
Hey Jesus, what are you getting out of this? Why do I have to go through you? Does you old man need batteries for his hearing aid?
9) On that day you will not question me about anything. Amen, amen, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in my name he will give you. Until now you have not asked anything in my name; ask and you will receive, so that your joy may be complete. (John 16:23-24 NAB)
There you go again with telling me to go through you. Humans have been around for 125,000 years before you showed up. Did your sicko father simply ignore their pleas?
Here's how you can use this on a Christard. Christard like to say, prove there isn't a god. As dishonest as that challenge is, you can still use it against them. And while you may not prove to their satisfaction that there is no god, you can prove that the god they claim to worship is a dick and his son is a fool or a liar.
This is a good opportunity to show Christards what a dick their God. "Hey God, in Jesus name, decimate the coronovirus". WTF are you waiting for God?
If a Christard as any honesty or logic they will have to agree that their God is evil. Since a negative can't be proven there is no point in telling them that their is no god but their own Bible clearly shows their god to be a liar and a sadist. It they still insist on endorsing, promoting and defend a liar and a sadist, it speaks volumes about their character. So now, instead of telling a Christard to go to hell, tell them to go to church and cough.
Maybe the Bible is simply wrong.
Maybe there is some sort of god-being existing in objective, external reality.
Maybe it's an asshole that strings us along and likes to see us suffer. (For fun, ask a devout Christian how they can know for sure that the Devil, the Prince of Lies with immense, godlike powers to deceive, didn't fabricate and plant all the Bibles and Tanakhs and Qur'ans and Vedas and burning bushes and prophetic visions and golden plates -- yes, ALL the world's religious scriptures and ideas and teachings, no exceptions for "true Christianity" (do I hear bagpipes? :) -- all to get us to oppress and fight each other in the name of whichever one true god and religion we chanced to be raised with.)
Maybe (as the author of When Bad Things Happen to Good People came to believe) it's an invisible friend who's not very powerful, who simply can't intervene in the world and stop the tragedies and injustices and gratuitous suffering and death.
Maybe -- far more likely -- gods are only in people's heads.
I suspect the writers of the books of the Bible were trying to make sense of life. A lot of the Bible is plagiarized. There were many Christlike characters and legends that precede Jesus.
Serapis or Sarapis is a Graeco-Egyptian deity. The cult of Serapis was introduced during the third century BC on the orders of Pharaoh Ptolemy I Soter of the Ptolemaic Kingdom as a means to unify the Greeks and Egyptians in his realm.
Jesus is a rip off of Serapis. My guess is, the early Christians were giving Rome fits. The early Christians never heard of Jesus. I suspect the Romans created the New Testament. Most of the NT was written by Paul who was ever around when Jesus allegedly existed.
I suspect that the Roman came up with the turn the other cheek crap to keep people from overthrowing the corrupt emperors. I suspect Jesus' endorsement of slavery was there so people would not question the evil of slavery and the giver to Caesar crap to make tax collecting easy.
With so many things when you want the answer as to why, simply follow the money. Churches are money trees.
Ah! so many gods!
"You'll pray for me? Great! I'll talk to my cat for you.
Expect the same results."