This could be the end for me here

https://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2017/05/protestor-convicted-laughing

Protestor Convicted for Laughing?

https://www.thomhartmann.com//sites/default/files/thom20and20logo_179_80.jpg" style="width: 156px; height: 156px; margin-right: 5px; margin-left: 5px; float: left;" class="CToWUd" width="156" height="156"/> Just one guffaw - that's all it took for Desiree Fairooz to go from a children's librarian and activist to someone facing serious jail time.

I'm not kidding here.

Back in January, Fairooz was arrested and removed from a Senate hearing after laughing at someone who said Jeff Sessions would treat all Americans equally.

As if to prove her point, she was then charged by the Justice Department with disorderly conduct.

Last Wednesday, she was convicted, and now faces up to a year in jail.

eric stone /span>atheist1a@gmail.com>

9:36 PM (6 hours ago)
to bcc: 2Kena, bcc: cbwc, bcc: craigbigham, bcc: Fay, bcc: Burt, bcc: Brenda, bcc: David, bcc: ellen, bcc: Pat, bcc: Rhoda, bcc: Lynne, bcc: jerrycru, bcc: Daisy, bcc: Susan, bcc: jergoodman, bcc: Tim, bcc: Gene, bcc: Larry, bcc: kay, bcc: Pat, bcc: crimpco, bcc: Alison, bcc: rod.l.miller, bcc: Earl, bcc: Peggy

Views: 229

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are we  becoming the New Evil Empire?

The Christian jihad is just gearing up.

and guess who their number one target is:  US ATHEISTS

Not to mention us queers.

No way, Bert. You're here, you're queer, we're used to it.

Your daughter has to marry an atheist or a queer. Which would you pick?

I got no daughters. I'm 86, where can I get one?

Atheist or queer; I don't care. Both is ok.

She gotta laugh at politicians, tho.

I can laugh at you if I want to. What is disorderly about that? Next will come charges of disorderly for a sneeze or cough. Possibly even an unruly child. Under the new GOP Justice Department we have no justice. In fact, I have seen a video where the Congressman in a town hall meeting told an attendee that he could not question him. In order to do so, he said, you would have to run for that office yourself and be elected to Congress.

Can anyone see where the dominionists are going here? We are over run with Christo-Fascists. These things were very plain in 1933.

I agree. Here is an old link that talks about a year in prison for atheists:

Prison for atheists in Kentucky

Has anyone in Kentucky been convicted and fined or sentenced?

Until that happens--constitutions require a case and a controvery--few if any courts will hear the issue. In short, hypotheticals are ignored.

Tom, thanks for bringing us back to reality.  I'm naive about this. What does this mean about the enforcement of such a law? Is it enforced the first time someone breaks it?

Does this mean I can proclaim Flying Spaghetti Monster as my true God?

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service