Has anyone else noticed the weirdly inappropriate ads that show up on this site? So far today I've seen one ad for a "degree" in theology and another one for a website inviting me to learn about what's wrong with my "chakra".... or some shit. 

Views: 597

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just last night a man I don't know sent me a text about picking him up, and he gave a local location. (I'm not a taxi.) In order to motivate me into action he claimed "2 hot girls" were coming to visit him and I could have one of them. Why don't the hot girls pick him up?

This looked phony and like some sort of take over to me. Whether it would be hostile or not is another story. (I have a concealed carry for my ballbat.)

In the same vein as your text, Michael, I received the following unsolicited email earlier this week.  I guess if I act now, my money problems will all be over!  (And you gotta love all the proper English phrasing.  LOL)

I am Sergent John Scot of the US, Army based in Afghanistan for peace keeping. I
have found your contact detail in a address journal. I am seeking
your assistance to evacuate the sum of $25,000,000.00 USD. This is not stolen money
and there are no dangers involved. Due to the high internet activities going on
online this recent time I have been able to contact you for a better talk of
partnership. All I need is your assistance to make it possible.

Email:
onlineagent2011@gmail.com

Carl, don't miss this fabulous opportunity. . . . And if you're in the market for a bridge . . . 

Interesting variation of an old letter type, Carl. Here are some key words to watch for when you suspect a phoney:

based in Afghanistan for peace keeping

to evacuate the sum of

USD (US Dollars)

high internet activities going on

a better talk of partnership

Even highly trained scam artists miss a word or two now and then and they write similar to the above. The reasons why include the fact that they do not think the way we do. Their base language is not English. One sent my wife a letter once wanting all her banking info. This guy had a highly convincing letter but he was her "most excellent CEO." You can spot them a mile away.

I agree!

After the Internet crash of 2007, "Nigeria was the first nation to report a full economic collapse.... 94% of its gross national product came from Internet ventures."

(Yes, that's from The Onion.)

I am so gullible, I fall for Onion's satire every time. 

Yes, you can spot them a mile away.  Even the best scammers are easy to spot.  For me to spot anyway.  I'm always amazed at how gullible &/or greedy some people are, when the scam is so obvious.

Oh! My goodness! I wonder if anyone falls for this scam?

There must be a key word, like god or religion, that draws such ads.  I get a chuckle from them now and then. 

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Patricia commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
22 minutes ago
Plinius commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
44 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
3 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
4 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to Ruth Anthony-Gardner's discussion Mind Control Speech Pathology in the group No Nonsense
4 hours ago
Idaho Spud commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
5 hours ago
Steve Snyder liked Joan Denoo's group Death & dying
6 hours ago
Steve Snyder replied to Adam's discussion Funding
6 hours ago

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service