I looked under 'groups' and didn't see anything for music, or maybe I didn't scroll through the pages far back enough. I don't think I recall seeing a thread for music. So, thought it might be cool to have an ongoing thread to share music that we enjoy...videos, links to music, etc. I think if you click the 'media' icon above this text box, videos should post. Or you can simply list the name of the song with the artist. Whatever's easiest for ya.

Post anything you like. I like all genres...look forward to seeing what you all like, too. :=)

Music makes the world a happier place, me thinks. <3

PS--Feel free to post up podcasts of anything other than music too, if THAT is what you're listening to...I'm always looking for something new to listen to, relating to atheism.

Views: 1625

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice additions, guys. :)

Good song, Dee. I'll be looking for more of Rita Oro soon. One comment there as I listened to it claimed it was the best composition they had heard in 3 months.   :)

I opened up my email today, to find this song waiting for me, sent to me by a special friend of mine. If there is someone in your life, who means something to you...make sure you tell him/her. You never know how much time you have left...so make sure the special people in your life know you care. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX1VeFBo9AQ

When the San Francisco Symphony Orchestra played at Severance Hall this past Saturday, they graced their programmed works with a couple of encores, including the following:

A lovely way to end a concert.

Loren, that's wonderful, I love symphonies.

Joseph, that's intense...but, I like intense. ^_^

The Last Spring could hardly be called a symphony - more like a fantasy or something on that order.

I can certainly post more full orchestral works here if you like, too!

Loren, I was commenting that I just love symphonies...lol And yes, post more...as much as you would like. I just spent a few minutes looking for a particular concert for Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker and I can't find it. It's magnificent...this particular conductor. I need to keep looking, you will be thankful I did, if I can locate and post it here. :)

So .. as long as I'm on an orchestral kick, here's another favorite of mine: the first movement of Ravel's Le Tombeau de Couperin.  Delightful stuff.  I should mention that that's Dutoit and Montreal rendering it.

Anyone ever hear of a harp-guitar?  I just stumbled onto one on my YouTube feed, and I have to say, it's an amazing instrument with an equally amazing sound.

As evidence, allow me to offer Exhibit A - "Paroxysm":

Well! I love music!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service