Couldn't help myself from blogging about Glenn Beck's rally
yesterday. As a former fundamentalist, I know what it is like to be taught from a young age to be prepared to stand up - to the death - for what is "right" - to be active in one's faith. I've started a support group for Former Fundamentalists in Minnesota/Twin Cities... and I blog... and I vote... but after the rally yesterday I wonder if I could or should be doing so much more! I have NO faith in Faith-Based Charity - whether from Glenn Beck
or from Obama. Sometimes I think there is nothing to do but let the world spin - just let things go through the cycle - but I struggle with the idea of observing only. So - my questions to you: What Can Be Done? I get tired of bitching and moaning - how do we act?
Some questions to consider:
i'm all for a theocracy
- What are YOU going to do about this Neo-Theocracy in the making?
- Where do you stand on this? Do you think the Tea Party/Theocracy Party will implode sooner than later - or explode?
- Do you think it deserves the fear & trembling visceral response that some non-believers, skeptics and progressive Christians have?
- Do you feel that this will do more to rally the troops for or against the movement?
- Is there anything We The People can do to insure Glenn Beck and the Tea Party movement remains a minor blemish and doesn't turn into a gangrene-infested sore that begs for
- He wants us to speak "The Truth." In what way can your knowledge of "Truth" counteract his understanding of "Truth." What The FUCK does "Truth" mean? I used to use it all the time as a Christian - but now -... seriously - How do you define "Truth"?
- What God/Goddess would you pick to head a Theocracy? This is inspired by an online conversation with Tyler:
i like krishna
something to do with the kama sutra makes me think we'd all have fun