Has anyone here every thought about what if there happened to be a god. It doesn't really matter what god or what religion just if there is one. When you die what do you think they/him/her would say and how you would react? If they were a god that passed judgment, do you think that they would understand your reasons for not believing and forgive you or would they punish you without question?

I was raised Christian and while I don't believe anything they say, the above still crosses my mind quite often. I'm a musician and I get a lot of gigs playing for church services, especially around Christmas and Easter. It's hard not to listen to the sermon and try to understand their way of thinking during these times and these questions always pop into my mind during and after the service.

Views: 3606

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

if there is a "god" atheist will be the first to know it. christains just are not smart enough.

just simple answer from me is...of course there is god...there are gods but the point is WHO CREATES/CREATED HIM/THEM...the fact is, it is we / us human beings who have created these/those all the gods..! think about it...god / gods are but a cultural phenomena...had you been born in middle east, you could most likely been worshiping god the Allah, for example...

as far i am concerned one can be atheist and yet believes in god, sounds contradictory? take it as dialectic!! yeah i mean if you believe in god but at the same time you see that that god is human created from your culture...

there are gods, but it is us human beings who creates them, and then we end up worshiping same deferentially...

gods are human creations...as one ludwig feuerbach came to see/realise...

sorry i have leave the internet cafe...all the best...nsajigwa

Update Your Membership :

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service