Has anyone here every thought about what if there happened to be a god. It doesn't really matter what god or what religion just if there is one. When you die what do you think they/him/her would say and how you would react? If they were a god that passed judgment, do you think that they would understand your reasons for not believing and forgive you or would they punish you without question?

I was raised Christian and while I don't believe anything they say, the above still crosses my mind quite often. I'm a musician and I get a lot of gigs playing for church services, especially around Christmas and Easter. It's hard not to listen to the sermon and try to understand their way of thinking during these times and these questions always pop into my mind during and after the service.

Views: 4373

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hell Larry, you are unencumbered by any knowledge of the body of the discussion...vent freely.
1+1+1= multiple personality disorder ;-)
Of course there isn't any scientific evidence that there is no god. There's ALSO no scientific evidence against the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus and a left-handed zindlefinger (my favorite!) ... and an uncountable number of other imaginary things that might as well come from the casting call for Monsters, Inc. Problem is, you can't tell the Christers that!
You don't need to provide evidence to prove that there is no god. The existence of God can be proven false merely by analyzing the constituent concepts such as omnipotence.

Besides, it is the theists have the burden of proof, not us. If they cannot provide enough evidence to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that God exists, the verdict is: God doesn't exist.
Again, Paul, you can't tell the Christers that! I've had too many of them INSIST that because we couldn't prove that their precious deity WASN'T that we had to allow that he/she/it MIGHT BE.

That they don't want to listen to logic should surprise NO ONE.
Then, walk away. People who don't listen to logic are hopeless.
I assume this is NoGodsNoMasters?

Haven't seen you here very much my dear. I imagine you are having more fun where there are Christian targets for your common sense?

She never calls, she never writes...
Two words: Fuck Him ^_^
Yep... fuck em.
"If they were a god that passed judgment, do you think that they would understand your reasons for not believing and forgive you or would they punish you without question?"

The fact that there are so many dominant religions, and no sign from a higher power which one is right, I'm extremely confident that a God who passes judgment doesn't exist. Why would something with the power to create an entire Universe or MORE be concerned with mere mortal issues? AND give us no clue as to what religion is right? I don't know, I just don't see it ever being a reality. The thought crosses my mind but not the thought of a judgmental God, more of a higher force, like nature, that's what I wonder about, but I don't fear it.
Have you ever noticed how PETTY gods can be? Sure, the god of the Christers excels at it, but the bunch on Olympus were no better ... and a look into the Hindu pantheon might be intriguing as well!
I have noticed, it's one of the biggest contributing factors to my disdain for religion.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service