I've never seen the movie or read the books about a bucket list. it's a list of things we want to see, do, or accomplish before we die. Stating it better, things we want to see, do, or accomplish during our lifetimes. A lot of people want to go somewhere in particular, or accomplish a marathon, or other goals.
I don't have a clearly defined bucket list. I think it's a good exercise in clarifying goals and not putting off to a vague future time, a vague future aspiration. I don't know if it's completely fair to put past accomplishments on a bucket list. Looking back on life, tho, there are things that I really wanted to accomplish, that I did.
Here are the things that I think about. Maybe say, 10 things to accomplish in the next 10 years?
1. Learn conversational Spanish
2. Re-read a list of favorite books - Bradbury's "Martian Chronicles", The Lord of the Rings, A Short History of a Small Place.
3. Find a "cause". Then do it. (too vague. something related to social justice).
4. Visit Spain, Chile, and Peru (better get to work on that Spanish).
5. Make the perfect Chili.
6. Make a peach pie from peaches from my own trees.
7. Visit "The Old South" US. More interested in Civil Rights landmarks and history than fantasies about the civil war or antebellum south.
8. Learn to make Tamales.
9. Revisit Italy, but this time make it to Pompei and Sicily.
10. See what it's like to be 20 pounds lighter.
So I better get busy. What gets in the way for me now is work, and getting tired, and day-to-day life. I did plant new peach trees last month. They replace the trees that aren't cooperating. I bought a book on making tamales - just have to get started. I make false starts on learning Spanish all the time. I got a Kindle app for that - so that's a start.
What's on your list? How are you going to accomplish it?
Portugal sounds great! I've been wanting to write a sci fi book too. Maybe I should add that to my list!
Okay but go for a different publication date - we don't want to go head to head or hat to hat.
Will there be any atheists in your book? I will have a few - but none of them will be villains.
Christianists will be the villians. Atheists will be the heroes. WooWooists will be the clowns. I've started it several times, wrote a couple of chapters. It's all there under my hat.
I've always wanted to write a good science fiction book also, but procrastinated and now it's not high on my list.