I live in a very religious town, so I hear this saying about 2 or 3 times every week, whether it be to me or someone near me.  I usually don't respond when it is said to me, but what do you think a good response would be?

Views: 5486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

But its the other way around isn't it, the "affronter" is the believer, the atheist is the one minding their own business.

In some instances it may indeed be a deliberate affront; in others it may be thoughtlessness. You wish to have the person recognize  their remark might offend. Why not ask, "Does anyone ever take offense when you say that?"

I see a great difference between simply avoiding confrontation with someone not likely to understand you and "backing down and being rolled over." I do not feel obliged to have an argument with or reply to every idiot who tells me "Jesus loves you."

How about, "I see you have been hallucinating again."

I thought the question was tongue in cheek and I replied accordingly. A more serious answer would be either:
I'm not a believer but I appreciate YOUR warm feelings for me.
Are you sure this is a conversation you want to have with me?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster loves you.

What is the best response to "Jesus loves you"?

Lurch - Whats the best response to 'Jesus loves... by jupiter869

Lurch always DID have a way with words...

Right Loren - like Lurch we could just answer with a groan. That would be awesome.

Yes I know, That's why I had to find a new lawn service.  I'm not into guys.

The best response so far for me to "Jesus loves you!" is to simply look that person in the eye and ask "Who?"
Stumps people. The look on their faces is hilarious. This response also works for "God bless." or "God bless you."

Not bad ... not bat at all!

thats hilarious!

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service