must read blog...

"Dear God,

Despite the fact that making it rain in Texas was too much to ask you for, even though it would have saved lives, eliminated suffering for tens of thousands of your biggest and most devoted fans, and, let’s face it, been nothing but a simple wave of the hand for your supreme awesomeness. I mean, come on, a little rain? For the guy who created, you know, light? The Heavens and the Earth? All the living things that walk and crawl upon it and fly above it and swim in the big blue sea? You made, what? Volcanoes and Earthquakes and cats? I mean how goddamned – excuse me – hard could a little rain be?  But never mind that, praise Jesus."

continued...

http://www.stonekettle.com/2011/08/what-rick-perry-is-really-prayin...

Views: 300

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He got a "C" in US History...twice.  And Texas revised their US History school books?  I wonder how Michelle Bachmann and Sarah Palin did in US History.

How about their science, specifically biology, books in Texas...are those revised too?  I would love to hear all the GOP candidates' opinions about the theory of natural selection...just to see if they get a blank stare before they figure out how the heck they're going to answer the question. 

I heard M. Bachmann was asked about the submissive role of women in traditional marriage and she equates the word 'submissive' with the word 'respect'... so her grasp of vocabulary is being called into question as well as her grasp of U.S. History. 

It would be more likely for an atheist to be a candidate on the Democratic side than the Republican, however...at least that's my opinion, for what it's worth.  It would be an interesting topic to debate, anyway.  I think it's sad that a candidate's religious background even has to come up since he or she is filling a SECULAR government job!   I just wish that part of their life could remain private and unremarkable... wishful thinking on  my part, I know.
I wondered if he's considered the real possibility that god thinks he's an asshole and may just send a plague of locusts out of spite.
You are going to make a believer out of me yet.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service