My nerd score was 92, when I took the "test" some months ago.

Nerd Quiz

Views: 1243

Replies to This Discussion

I know some HTML code - that's cool Loren!
Way to go Loren!

I agree that Revenge of the Nerd movies used and reinforced stereotypes, but  I saw it as a move in the right direction. It appealed to a mass audience which already had those stereotypes, and only challenged the "nerds aren't sexy" part. It set the stage for other movies where the other parts of the stereotypes could be challenged. At least it got the audience to identify with us.

'Revenge of the Nerds,' is on Hulu

-- David Sarno

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/technology/2009/04/revenge-of-the-n...

"The film, shot at the University of Arizona, stars recognizable actors such as Anthony Edwards, John Goodman and Timothy Busfield, as well as the character actors this film made famous, Curtis Armstrong (Dudley "Booger" Dawson) and Donald Gibb ("Fred "The Ogre" Palowakski"). And if nothing else, it's worth watching just for the belching contest (as pictured above)."

"The playback includes a series of commercial interruptions -- seven of them during 90 minutes, which is about what you'd get on TV. But each interruption is only 30 seconds, and this R-rated movie is not bleeped, dubbed or censored like it would be on the public airwaves. The only catch is that in order to watch, you've got to sign up for a free Hulu account. A sweet deal if you love the Tri-lambs."

I thought Curtis Armstrong was funny in that movie.

96 here, and agreeing that the test is incomplete! I know I'd score much lower if there were more TV and "media" fantasy/SF covered.

And Scott: RESISTANCE IS USELESS!

On another note: who else here plays Zendo? It's a beautiful inductive logic game, loosely "Mastermind on steroids". One player has a secret rule which the others try to guess; they create sculptures ("koans") which are marked white if they follow the rule ("have the Buddha-nature"), black if not. In the examplein this photo, one possible rule is "contains a non-red piece not touching the table".

That rule doesn't make sense.  Only the black follow that rule.  There are 3 of 4 white that break the rule.

Most of the koans look correctly identified to me, in the photo. The plain yellow pyramid, for example, fails to contain a nonred piece. Only the one in the upper right looks wrong, because it neither contains a nonred piece nor a piece not touching the table.

Yeah, I read too fast and missed the 'not' in 'not touching'.

I got a 96 as well.

I should have started a new discussion about geeky games.

There is one now; let's move this conversation there, to keep this "nerd score" thread somewhat on-topic. Thanks!

23% scored higher (more nerdy),
1% scored the same, and
76% scored lower (less nerdy).

What does this mean? Your nerdiness is:

Mid-Level Nerd. Wow, it takes a lot of hard nerdy practice to reach this level.

hmmm, out of touch with my nerdiness.

Cool Sandi!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service