Why religion is fundamentally and basically immoral and evil, and should be banned.

Like no other existing human enterprise, religion will one day lead its insane followers to start a nuclear war that will destroy us all over some insult to it or its deity or to the breaking of one of its commandments.
There is no comparable threat to our very existence from any other form of human activity.

Views: 764

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Your readiness to equate me with the Taliban, a group of insanely cruel, murderous fanatics, simply because I hold views conflicting with your own, represents your attempt to vilify and dehumanize me. I doubt very much that you would fight for the right of free speech by those you disagree with.
Your saying that my thinking that people who fly planes into buildings, conduct countless suicidal bombings, murder, maim and terrorize people would have little compunction against dropping an H-bomb on a city reflects my bias and prejudices. I completely disagree. Their actions speak for themselves.

Your readiness to equate me with the Taliban, a group of insanely cruel, fanatical killers because my views differ from yours represents your attempt to villify and dehumanize me so that you can treat me as you do a Taliban follower. I strongly suspect that you would be the last to uphold a person's right to free speech if you had fundamental differences with that person.
You sound like a psychopath who hasn't the foggiest notion of the source of his huge violence and hatred. What's really disturbing is that you're claiming to be an atheist when you haven't a shred of insight and couldn't care less about reason and evidence.
We have the right, perhaps even the responsibility, to criticize all stupidity, whether religious or atheist. What Eric Stone wrote was fucking stupid

It is a duty.

“The citizen's job is to be rude - to pierce the comfort of professional intercourse by boorish expressions of doubt” -- John Ralston Saul

Stupidity is the most dangerous force on the planet. Religion is but one of its offspring.
OK Eric, you've just made your "logic is on my side!" bias painfully obvious, and like many who do that, you're reacting emotionally and are overly defensive when your ideas are being held up to scrutiny.

The ban of all religion b/c of the dangers of religious fanaticism is about the same as banning all alcohol because of the dangers of alcohol abuse. Some people use alcohol responsibly and enjoy it. They should not be lumped in with raging alcoholics who cause problems for themselves and others. The same is true of religious people who go to church for social networking or b/c it makes them feel better--most likely they are not going to become suicide bombers anytime soon and it is not helpful to put them in the same category.
True, although I would personally feel better if people went to church ONLY as a social networking site, or because of tradition. I dislike the actual belief, and having a false idea of reality passed on to the next generation is something I would rather avoid.
Forbidding little old ladies from going to church is going to help stop Pakistan how?
Banned? No. Ridiculed? Yes. Defunded? Hell, yes.
I think it's better to just promote science, rational thinking, and good & fulfilling lifestyles, so that there is as little need for religion as possible. People would voluntarily reject religion rather than be forced to.
The second of the Planet of the Apes movies had a story line involving a human population living underground, worshipping a nuclear weapon. Well apparently it was a nuke. The main premise of the movie was to get the bomb out of the worshippers hands as they are complete twits. Eric, if anything but a religion is established and commences selling their product, they have to conform to laws that protect the consumer. The product needs to work. Strike 1. Most products come with a warranty, strike 2. The product can't be dangerous, Strike 3, the catholic church / muzzies / fundies etc. If jeebus was to front in 2010, he'd never get his show past the consumer law legislators.
I'm the first one in line to support free speech

It isn't free speech if it only includes speech that you like and approve of.
JstN: I'll go ahead and call bullshit right now.

No, I'll call bullshit. You are a deranged imbecile. Every comment you have made in this thread is raw, ignorant imbecility. Everything. You are a walking Barney Frank dining table moment. Stick to convincing people about little green men and secret military bunkers - it's less demeaning for all concerned. Leave the grownups alone.

RSS

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service