Express appreciation to celebrate the contribution to wellbeing
1. the actions that have contributed to our well-being
2. the particular needs of ours that have been fulfilled
3. the pleasureful feelings engendered by th...e fulfilment of those needs
Sometimes all three can be conveyed by a smile or a simple “Thank you”
NVC encourages us to receive appreciation with the same quality of empathy we express when listening to other messages.
1. what we have done that has contributed to others’ well-being;
2. we hear their feelings and the needs that were fulfilled;
3. we take into our hearts the joyous reality that we can each enhance the quality of others’ lives.