With This summer's Iron Man, Batman, Hellboy and Hulk it seems "Comic Book" has become a genre of it's own, Though there have been hits and misses with comic book adaptations, this summer seems full of win.

Views: 22

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know, between the major Hollywood and the independant studios they're covering quite a few genres, Ghost World, for example... The Spirit and Sin City are not what we 'traditionally" think of when the term Comic books come up... while Hollywood may have run out of ideas there are plenty of books and comics for them to adapt, and it does help widen the audience.
'Omega Man' was more loosely based on the book I think. 'The Last Man on Earth' with Vincent Price was a bit closer to the book.
The only one I liked this year was Batman, it's different from the previous batman movies that were made before and I don't mean by it being darker. It focuses on the psychological impact on the character of batman and his struggle as a vigilante more than as a super heor and has some hints of reality i it which makes it much more enjoyable.

Hellboy was OK, I wasn't very fond of the plot. The effects were amazing, but that's the only good thing I can say about it really.

Haven't seen Iron man and Hulk yet as I haven't had time for them yet..:(
But I shall I hope!
I like the humor in the Hellboy series, but I've been a fan of the comics for quite a while so I also get a kick at seeing some little references to comic episodes in the background, etc.
I tried to like Hellboy, but I didn't. I adore the director, del Toro's other work. But Hellboy just didn't do it for me and I was so disappointed.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service