Absolutely brilliant - or absolute disaster?

Spoiler Warning

Screen Rant has some interesting discussions - particularly the spoilers - and I expect that we'll get spoilers here so if you haven't see it yet, please, please don't join in until you have.

For me I went in expecting to be awed and came out wanting to strangle the screenwriter with his own entrails.

Tags: prometheus, ridley scott, sci-fi

Views: 169

Replies to This Discussion

"alternate" theories to the beginnings of humans are bound to be ridiculous!

I didn't pick that up from the trailer. Just that there were aliens out that who visited us - which I have to admit, seemed like a bit of weak point, but I was prepared to put that aside.

The entrance fee (about US$16) might be fiddling small change to Ridley, but it's my entire entertainment budget for several weeks; so as you may imagine, I was a little cross.

Agreed. 14 people including me went from work. Unanimous upon exit was it was alright - but what the blue hell was up with the plot???

Yeah, pretty much the same here. I know a lot of critics are either being Scott apologists (though god only knows why) or perhaps wowed by the visual effects.

Beyond those... I'm at a loss.

I saw the trailer on You Tube and suspected it might be as your comments have expressed.  Guess I'll wait for it to come out on Netflix. ;)

Here is an article that helps to explain what went wrong. This movie wasn't so much bad as it was just completely baffling.

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service