elpais.com

|

"the Bishop of Córdoba, Demetrio Fernández, said there was a conspiracy by the United Nations..... UNESCO has a program for the next 20 years to make half the world population homosexual. To do this they have distinct programs, and will continue to implant the ideology that is already present in our schools."

|

WOW!  50% is a lot!  Being a catholic bishop, of course, he wouldn't lie.  Lying would be wrong - it's even in the 10 commandments.  I would love to be in those classrooms, to see how they are teaching kids to become gay.  Most kids today have to learn on their own.

Views: 166

Replies to This Discussion

Anyone who believes this deserves laughter and ridicule.

No lie is too extreme in the promotion of one's bigotry and ignorance. In fact, lying will promote ignorance and the more ignorant, the more susceptible to bigotry. 

Strangely, I agree with him in some ways.  I agree that the social issues are more important than the economic issues ... and I could never vote for a Republican, because of that.

Susan Stanko I agree with you 100%!

|

Pat, when the people believe every "big lie" that a demagogue tells, we are in trouble!  And we are!

|

Joseph, I think economic issues ARE social issues, because bad economy, high unemployment, and high poverty promote demagoguery and extremism.  People become desperate and want to find someone to blame.  So I don't separate the two approaches.  I don't even think it's possible to separate them - when we use scapegoats to find blame, we don't address the underlying causes of economic struggle.  In the end, neither of us is voting Republican.

Yeah, but people who vote for 'economic reasons' are always the kind of insane people who think that just because the economy is having a rough patch, getting rid of the people in office and voting in people from the other party will magically fix it.  The annoying flip-floppers.

I don't care how much the economy is sucking; putting in people to strip the tax rates on the richest 1% and strip away regulation to the point that we're fucking the environment is not the solution.

Santorum has been trying to appeal to the New Hampshirites by promoting his "economic" side, but he can't control his obsession with man-on-man sex.  

|

"Out with the old, in with the new" is senseless when "the old" is actually starting, slowly, to accomplish repair of the economy that "the old old", who happen to be "the new new", so totally fucked up.

|

I agree with you that freeing the super-rich of taxes while deregulating them to make them richer, at the expense of the rest of us, is not going to help the economy and is going to hurt the rest of us.

Yup, trickle-down economics is pure bullshit.  Lots of people have woken up to the fact, so they've re-branded it as cutting taxes on the 'Job Creators'.

Trickle-down. What a dog does to a fire hydrant.

Yeah, I wish more people would open their minds a little and learn to look past the lying catch-phrases.  If you start calling the people worth hundreds of millions or billions 'job creators', so many people's brains just turn into a warm, fuzzy goo and buy it all.

I just hope the Spanish people remember that this asshole represents the very same church that was allied with and promoted Francisco Franco and his nightmarish fascist regime.

Their fleets of black helicopters loaded with Gay Bombs (originally developed for the Vietnam War) are under construction as we speak.

Anyone else get the impression there'd be less insanity reported by this group if it were just titled 'Tweets From A Mental Hospital'?

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service