The Christian right is making a fresh push to force religion onto the school curriculum in Texas with the state's education board about to consider recommendations that children be taught that there would be no United States if it had not been for God.

Members of a panel of experts appointed by the board to revise the state's history curriculum, who include a Christian fundamentalist preacher who says he is fighting a war for America's moral soul, want lessons to emphasise the part played by Christianity in the founding of the US and that religion is a civic virtue.

Read the full article

Views: 13

Replies to This Discussion

I think that I am trying to say that we all need to twitter it with a common kep word so that we show up on popular searches. One post on twitter is good. A few posts is better but a united front will push atheist news into the popular sphere. I'm trying to get twitter to be publicise an atheist movement. Thousands of tweets with the word 'atheistnews' will get up their nose and promote mojoe's podcast. Tweets without a common word will just be lost in the flood of tweets.

So I've put it onto luketheatheist with 'atheistnews' in the post.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service