Trump's Pick for Education Secretary Refuses to Disavow Teaching In...

... during her confirmation hearing Tuesday provides new reason to be concerned that DeVos, if confirmed, could have a hand in destroying the quality of science education in public schools across the country. When pressed by Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.), she refused to disavow the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.

So we could not only get public funds supporting private religious education, what's left of the public schools would be bereft of scientific integrity. 

image source

Views: 83

Replies to This Discussion

Bald Piano Guy sings about new education secretary. [video]

She can push all she wants, but given that some pretty conservative federal judges have already ruled against I.D. I don't think she'll get very far. I.D. is insidious nonsense dreamed up by the creationist crowd to make themselves feel better about an argument they lost a long time ago. It is repackaged religious myth trying to pass itself off as science.

And ONE of those judges was a George W. Bush appointee ... and the case was Kitzmiller v. Dover, where the creationists or ID supporters or whatever frankly took it on the chin!  I mean, ask Michael Behe how well his cross-examination went!

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service