Evangelical lawyers threaten "all-out" Christian boycott of PayPal

(9/30/11) On their radio program today, Matt Barber and Shawn Akers of Liberty Counsel (the rightwing evangelical law firm and ministry) threatened an "all-out" Christian boycott of e-commerce business PayPal over what they described as "discriminatory" and "bigoted" treatment of several Christian ministries. Barber, an attorney who is the firm's Director of Cultural Affairs, said, "I guarantee you if they continue with this discriminatory anti-Christian policy which is bigotry, pure and simple, if they continue with this, there will be a mass, uh, I don't want to call it a boycott, but people, Christians, across the country, across the world, will be encouraged through a very wide range of Christian and pro-family organizations, to no longer do business with PayPal." Shawn Akers, Liberty Counsel's Public Policy Analyst, agreed (you can view a video of this at left).

More here.

Views: 103

Replies to This Discussion

So, not accepting the business of bigots makes you a bigot?  I guess then everyone is a bigot.
Can I be bigoted against bigots?
I think it is the right thing to do.
Let's see if they put their fantasies before their money.
Now I'm sorry I have never used PayPal.
I remember signing the petition that got those guys banned from Paypal, happy it succeeded :)

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service