Ok, so due to my inability to lower my standards, I have unwittingly dedicated myself to becoming an atheist nun....(kidding, but that's the way it's turning out). So I live in the buckle of the bible belt, I'm educated, attractive for my age, own my own business, and mindless sex is just so easy (and boring) for us....isn't it ladies??? (You guys know that's true) But finding someone you actually WANT to be with, now that is where things get good and complicated!! I've decided in my wisdom, that I will not settle. Since MOST atheists live far far away from me, it never really occurred to me to try and find a man that could keep up with me intellectually on this site, but what did occur to me, was that I would meet awesome people who are intelligent, well spoken, educated, (whether self taught or schooled), witty and socially aware. I have hit the mother load there!!! This site helps me hold on to the fact that there are growing numbers of people just like me out there and I am not alone!! Rational, kind, and well spoken non-believers! I LOVE yall people....!!! (no but really, I do! That's a facetious southern accent btw and yeah, I am a southern girl and lovin there are so many talking atheists on this site!!!)
Now that being said....it can be a lonely life. But I just can't, and won't settle. You feel me?

Views: 2618

Replies to This Discussion

Sex for sport would be like saying enjoying a massage "for sport". It is much more. Casual sex need not be sporty and vacuous, it can be fully 'involved' and caring and loving...

Notice my response was to Philip's calling it "demeaning"...

During the act of casual sex only morons "demean" sex by not giving respect to their partners, no matter how short the partnership. In addition, I've also seen people not respect their long-term partners.

Duration of the partnership has little impact on its quality :)

Maybe I was thinking that the word casual ruled out being fully involved or caring and loving...but that's a personal thing as well, because I don't associate those things as being casual.  If I felt that casual sex had those types of attributes, I would be able to find it fulfilling.  I'm glad that your experience has been different.  I'm certainly NOT passing judgment for sure, and I am always happy to find someone having the freedom to do things their own way, without having to answer to ANYONE for it.  Maybe I'm just jealous because you stand a much better chance of getting out of the nunnery/abbey sooner than me ;)......lol
I guess it depends upon your definition of casual sex.  I'm a giver, so hooking up with a ridiculously hot girl that I met in a bar or something (not that I ever go to bars) would be a bit shallow and meaningless, for my tastes.  If I had a platonic friend who really needed sex though, I could see sleeping with her, even if we didn't have any specifically romantic interest in each other, as long as she was reasonably attractive.  That would be a sufficient level of interest and closeness, I think.
So what are you trying to say here Joesph???  lol
Since when have I needed to have a point?  History demonstrates otherwise.  :-P
Yup.  Casual sex can be quite intimate in it's own way.  I form "bonds" with other women in many ways.  Sex is just one, and it can be very sweet.
Kelly, there are some men who like an emotional attachment along with the sexual relationship.  Me, for example . . . ;-)
Oh I know there are guys like you out there Craig.  They just don't tend to live near me.  The ones that like the emotional attachment thing here, tend to be holy rollers.  Heck even the guys trollin for sex claim they are xtian. 
I could relocate  . . . .
I had casual sex with a mere something around 40 women by the time I got married. There is something a lot better.
It's what you make of it and how you choose to treat it is what I'm saying.

Well, I am living in atheist wonderland, more or less. There's shinto and buddhism, and even a little bit of western faiths scattered about, but everyone's pretty secure in secular life, here. Ironic that I've had not one date since my arrival to the land of the rising sun. Of course, it doesn't help that I'm shy with this sort of thing, nor that the odds are stacked against me here. Ah well. So... should I just be complacent in my singlehood? My dating aspects while living here are dim.

How many people would be up to moving for the sake of settling down with another freethinker, I wonder? I'd move back home for it, but there's little guarantee of even an LDR with me. That's a hard road, one that only works out if in the longterm, one of the parties moves.

Has anyone here tried LDRs with other free-thinkers? Advice?

Heck, I still consider my culture to be pagan. I'd date one, so long as they realized I see them as having happy fun adult pretend sessions.

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2016   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service