Evidence just emerged proving 4 decades of toxic chemical lies, fraudulent science, and EPA collusion - with serious implications for public health. Here's one sample.

“Poison Papers” and Major Monsanto Document Release Exposes Toxicit...

... this treasure trove of evidence, “lays out a 40-year history of deceit and collusion involving the chemical industry and the regulatory agencies that were supposed to be protecting human health and the environment.” Among the alarming revelations, a document from 1985 showed that Monsanto had sold a chemical (santophen) that was tainted with TCDD (dioxin) to the makers of Lysol, who, apparently unaware of its toxicity, used it as an ingredient in their disinfectant spray for 23 years. Dioxin was a contaminant in Agent Orange that caused major health issues. Monsanto’s analytical chemist, Fred Hileman, testified that Monsanto knew that Lysol is recommended for cleaning babies’ toys and for various other cleaning activities involving direct contact with the human body. Hileman testified that he knew people who used Lysol were contacting three parts per billion of 2,3,7,8 and that 2,3,7,8 is extremely toxic. There was no dioxin warning on the Lysol package. The Papers reveal Monsanto chief medical officer George Roush admitted under oath to knowing that Monsanto studies into the health effects of dioxins on workers were written up untruthfully for the scientific literature in order to obscure health effects. [emphasis mine]

[text from article]

Guys, you might want to read about the spermicide-contaminated antibacterial soap, linked to testicular atrophy.

Views: 69

Replies to This Discussion

As I often write, "Liking" not the facts but the reporting... thanks, Ruth!

I agree! Thanks, Ruth!

I haven't used round up. Reports say it's so prevalent that it's measurable in rain. My complaint about Genetically Modified (GMO) crops has be based on the use of roundup.

Please see http://time.com/5364686/roundup-cancer-jury-289-million/

"(SAN FRANCISCO) — A jury’s $289 million award to a former school groundskeeper who said Monsanto’s Roundup left him dying of cancer will bolster thousands of pending cases and open the door for countless people who blame their suffering on the weed killer, the man’s lawyers said.

“I’m glad to be here to be able to help in a cause that’s way bigger than me,” Dewayne Johnson said at a news conference Friday after the verdict was announced.

Johnson, 46, alleges that heavy contact with the herbicide caused his non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. The state Superior Court jury agreed that Roundup contributed to Johnson’s cancer and Monsanto should have provided a label warning of the potential health hazard.

Johnson thanked jurors “from the bottom of my heart” for their work, along with his lawyers and his family.

His was the first case filed by a cancer patient against the agribusiness giant to reach trial. It was expedited because court filings indicated that Johnson was dying. His victory may set the precedent for many others.

“A unanimous jury in San Francisco has told Monsanto: ‘Enough. You did something wrong and now you have to pay,'” said Brent Wisner, Johnson’s lead trial lawyer. “There’s 4,000 other cases filed around the United States and there are countless thousand other people out there who are suffering from cancer because Monsanto didn’t give them a choice … We now have a way forward.”

Monsanto has denied a link between the active ingredient in Roundup — glyphosate — and cancer, saying hundreds of studies have established that glyphosate is safe...."

More in the link above.

Unsafe levels of a weed killer chemical in oat products.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/health/glyphosate-oat-products-ewg-s...

I could go on an on about this.

My previous link about 'xeriscaping' was meant to show that it may take less water, Often the landscapers use weed killer to keep the ground sterile. That type of landscaping looks sterile as well.

Artificial grass may be even worse than xeriscaping - pull out the leaf blower to clean it - as the plastic breaks from artificial 'grass' it breaks down it will migrate into the rivers and sea.

My thoughts are it's better to have native specie plants in the yard. It's better to plant a garden with edibles. it's better to water tomatoes, or other crops than wasting water on lawns. If that were more commonplace in suburbia people may be less likely to use herbicides and pesticides.

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service