Bringing balance to the universe: New theory could explain missing ...

image source

This new model, published today in Astronomy and Astrophysics, by Dr. Jamie Farnes from the Oxford e-Research Centre, Department of Engineering Science…. Dr. Farnes says: "We now think that both dark matter and dark energy can be unified into a fluid which possesses a type of 'negative gravity," repelling all other material around them. Although this matter is peculiar to us, it suggests that our cosmos is symmetrical in both positive and negative qualities."

The existence of negative matter had previously been ruled out as it was thought this material would become less dense as the Universe expands, which runs contrary to our observations that show dark energy does not thin out over time. However, Dr. Farnes' research applies a 'creation tensor," which allows for negative masses to be continuously created. It demonstrates that when more and more negative masses are continually bursting into existence, this negative mass fluid does not dilute during the expansion of the cosmos. In fact, the fluid appears to be identical to dark energy.

Dr. Farnes's theory also provides the first correct predictions of the behaviour of dark matter halos.

The new research published today features a computer simulation of the properties of negative mass, which predicts the formation of dark matter halos just like the ones inferred by observations using modern radio telescopes.

In notes dating back to 1918, Einstein described his cosmological constant, writing that 'a modification of the theory is required such that "empty space" takes the role of gravitating negative masses which are distributed all over the interstellar space." It is therefore possible that Einstein himself predicted a negative-mass-filled universe.

"The outcome seems rather beautiful: dark energy and dark matter can be unified into a single substance, with both effects being simply explainable as positive mass matter surfing on a sea of negative masses." [emphasis mine]

Views: 30

Replies to This Discussion

Ruth, did you study enough physics to know how science differs from the Big Bang’s pseudoscience?

For a short introduction go to the website www.thunderbolts.info and in the menu at the right, click on “Beginner’s Guide. If you’re using a tablet computer, you might instead see a link to a free book titled “A Beginner’s View of Our Electric Universe.

Very cool, er, I mean very kewl! I have been trying to visualize Dark Matter and Dark Energy for a while now (which has been frustratingly difficult since I handle 4 dimensional shapes easily since I was 13 or 14) with little sucess. I never considered them being the same thing! It does make conceptualizing the Warp Drive trickier...

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service