Here in Britain the Centre for Social Cohesion are doing a great job at highlighting the danger of Islamism in the West.

On 20th November, the Centre for Social Cohesion hosted an evening debate in Westminster between Ayaan Hirsi Ali, the former Dutch MP and self-declared Muslim apostate, and Ed Husain (an ex-Islamist but now still Muslim), the author of the best-selling book The Islamist.Ayaan Hirsi Ali argues that Islam 'as a body of ideas' is opposed to 'Enlightenment' values. Ed Husain advocates an Islamic 'renaissance' arguing that Islam can be re-interpreted to meet the challenges of the modern world.

Here's the mp3 file directly (click Save Target As to save it):
the file size is 87.5MB

or got to the bottom of the website: http://www.socialcohesion.co.uk/

It is worth a listen, I think. I obviously support Ayaan Hirsi Ali, but for tactical reasons, I can see why a secularised form of Islam should be supported to serve as an antedote to Islamism. Personally, I have chosen to leave Islam altogether because intellectual honesty is very important to me.

Views: 399

Replies to This Discussion

Writers like Sayed Al Qimini, the late farag fouda, philopspher hassan hanafi and many others are actually trying to implement a secular form of islam, hassan hanafi calls it Islamic Left.. i think that is an excellent solution.

I actually do not care if people worship what ever god they like but i really get frustrated from not being able to speak my mind when ever i feel like it.
Yes i think at the current time it will harm if we speak out as secular atheists, you know in the Muslim world people think that secularists are all atheists which is not truth ofcourse.
by the way the debate was really cool i recommend people listen to it

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service