Examples of Jesus’ Inconsistency 

“Judge, Judge not, Judge, Judge not.” 

Jesus zigzagged in his teachings in all subjects including judgment.  Let us hear what Jesus says in the Gospels:

John 3: 17  God sent the Son into the world, not to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.

John 5: 22   God judges no one but has given all the judgment to his Son.

John 5: 30    I can do nothing on my own authority; as I hear, I judge; and my judgment is just, because I seek not my own will but the will of him who sent me.

[Was Jesus the puppet of his father, God? This is enough to prove that Jesus was not God.]

John 8: 15   You [Jews] judge according to the flesh, I judge no one.

John 8: 16   Yet even if I do judge, my judgment is true, for it is not I alone that judge, but I and he who sent me.

John 8: 17   In your law it is written that the testimony of two is true;

John 8: 18   I bear witness to myself, and the Father who sent me bears witness to me.

[Look at the marvelous logic of Jesus; anything he said was true and from God, according to Jesus logic.]

John 9: 39    Jesus said, “For Judgment I came into this world, that those who do not see may see, and that those who see may become blind.”

[Jesus made the seeing blind and the blind see. So what is the gain?]

John 12: 47   If any one hears my sayings and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world.

Jesus taught his followers not to judge any one (Luke 6: 37)

(Luke 6: 37). “Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven.”

I have no ability to discern whether Jesus came to this world to judge or not to judge.  In any event, this is very convenient for Christians because they can change their ground of arguments as chameleons change their body colors according to the given environment.

I do not agree with Jesus word that one should not judge.  If we do not judge fearing of being judged by others, and forgive any kinds of wrongdoings of others, our reality would not be maintained or improved.

Christians judge people too much.  Jesus judged Jews too much. Jesus called Jews the children of the devil; Jesus said to Jews that their god was the liar, the father of lies, the murderer, and devil (John 8: 44) .

John 8: 44  You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father’s desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

So Jesus was judged and condemned by Jews.   Was Jews’ god not Jesus’ Father?

---------------

This is the first part of "Examples of Jesus' Inconsistency"

(The original title was "Jesus the Doubletalker." Which title do you think is better?)

Views: 85

Replies to This Discussion

Can anyone seriously read the above quotes without getting intellectual or neural whiplash?  It's almost as bad as the "my sister / my daughter" routine from Chinatown.

I have decided that perhaps atheism is not the correct term for the way I view the world . I think it should reflect that as far as I can see the concepts God or gods are both undefined as God is supposed to be defined as that which cannot be defined . And how can something that by it's very nature not be defined by anyone be a concept at all? How can I define myself as an a-theist when in fact I am pro fact and pro conceptual driven reality and therefor am not so much an atheist as an advocate of the world and reality and I am driven by the passion to do things in a manner in accordance with the laws of the real world . So the whole debate about the non-concept God or the non-concept gods is exactly like the debate about Santa Claus or ghosts or the Easter Bunny .

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service