All Discussions Tagged 'race' (34)

← Back to Race, Ethnicity, & Culture
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

The Whiteness Project

What does it mean to be white?  What do white people think of being white?  Do they feel a bond to other white people?  What are their thou…

Started by Daniel W

0 Oct 14, 2014

Evidence of a 13,000 year old race war "A new analysis on a set of human remains dating back 13,000 years, which were found on the east bank of the Nile in n…

Started by Daniel W

1 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Luara

On "Race Denial". Are Races Real? Not Real?

This from NOVA|Does Race Exist.   The premise of the NOVA article is yes, there is such a thing as race.  There are gradients, and there is…

Started by Daniel W

3 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Daniel W

What is "white"

I've been watching some netflix documentaries (specifically, Gates' "African American Lives 2") and, while watching the many descriptions o…

Started by Daniel W

12 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by thomas smith

Not letting racism off the hook so easily

Yet again in an Anthropology class, this time discussing race: The history of race segregation and eugenics and the quest to scientifically…

Started by Jo Jerome

19 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by World Walker

CNN Commentary: Close the racial wealth gap.

commentary here. The article looks quite thoughtful, to me. One quote "In 1998, the net worth of white households on average was $100,700…

Started by Daniel W

13 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by leveni

"Asian Diabetes Tsunami" and Ethnic burdens of obesity and diabetes: "Equality" where we don't want it!

The obesity epidemic is becoming worldwide, offerring equal access to diseases that were once the province of the wealthy.  This is not a d…

Started by Daniel W

7 Sep 13, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Another side to the discussion: Why some biracial Americans choose one race on census.

AP via yahoo   I've always just checked black on my form,'' said Martin, a 29-year-old university employee in Las Vegas. She grew up surrou…

Started by Daniel W

5 May 1, 2010
Reply by Daniel W

Race affects risk of heart disease

Montreal Gazette   Chinese people have the "most favourable" cardiovascular risk profile with about 4% reporting two or more risk factors.…

Started by Daniel W

1 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

How did the priests of the Lemba people of South Africa wind up with Hebrew priestly DNA?

The Lemba people of South Africa have long claimed to descend from Hebrew tribes of ancient Israel.  Their oral traditions describe passage…

Started by Daniel W

1 Apr 5, 2010
Reply by Jaume

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service