All Discussions Tagged 'race' (35)

← Back to Race, Ethnicity, & Culture
Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Trump, America's First White President

So writes Ta-Nehisi Coates at The Atlantic. I can't do justice to his thought-provoking article with a few quotes -- read the whole thing!…

Started by Grinning Cat

2 Sep 12
Reply by Donald R Barbera

The Whiteness Project

What does it mean to be white?  What do white people think of being white?  Do they feel a bond to other white people?  What are their thou…

Started by Daniel W

0 Oct 14, 2014

Evidence of a 13,000 year old race war

Ancient-origins.net "A new analysis on a set of human remains dating back 13,000 years, which were found on the east bank of the Nile in n…

Started by Daniel W

1 Jul 22, 2014
Reply by Luara

On "Race Denial". Are Races Real? Not Real?

This from NOVA|Does Race Exist.   The premise of the NOVA article is yes, there is such a thing as race.  There are gradients, and there is…

Started by Daniel W

3 Jun 10, 2013
Reply by Daniel W

What is "white"

I've been watching some netflix documentaries (specifically, Gates' "African American Lives 2") and, while watching the many descriptions o…

Started by Daniel W

12 Jun 12, 2011
Reply by thomas smith

Not letting racism off the hook so easily

Yet again in an Anthropology class, this time discussing race: The history of race segregation and eugenics and the quest to scientifically…

Started by Jo Jerome

19 Apr 19, 2011
Reply by World Walker

CNN Commentary: Close the racial wealth gap.

commentary here. The article looks quite thoughtful, to me. One quote "In 1998, the net worth of white households on average was $100,700…

Started by Daniel W

13 Mar 15, 2011
Reply by leveni

"Asian Diabetes Tsunami" and Ethnic burdens of obesity and diabetes: "Equality" where we don't want it!

The obesity epidemic is becoming worldwide, offerring equal access to diseases that were once the province of the wealthy.  This is not a d…

Started by Daniel W

7 Sep 13, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

Another side to the discussion: Why some biracial Americans choose one race on census.

AP via yahoo   I've always just checked black on my form,'' said Martin, a 29-year-old university employee in Las Vegas. She grew up surrou…

Started by Daniel W

5 May 1, 2010
Reply by Daniel W

Race affects risk of heart disease

Montreal Gazette   Chinese people have the "most favourable" cardiovascular risk profile with about 4% reporting two or more risk factors.…

Started by Daniel W

1 Apr 25, 2010
Reply by Jo Jerome

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service