I’m feeling nostalgic and I was reminiscing some of my favorite moments and superstitions as an ex-Catholic. I remember how I was told that I have to go to confession first before accepting the Eucharist (communion). So when I was a kid, before Sunday, I have to remember all the sins that I did that week. Did I curse? Did I make my parents mad? Did I see some perverted shit on TV? These are some of the important questions that I have to ponder and yes, I made a list. Then, confession day will come and I have to tell this priest, and he will prescribe something like, “You’re forgiven, 3 Our Father, 2 Hail Mary’s and 3 Glory Be.” Then problem would arise because sometimes the time gap between confession and communion, I would commit a stupid sin again. So many times, I would just sit off the communion and never take it for I never felt truly “clean” to accept Christ. It went on for years until my adulthood, up to the point that I just do not take communion every mass. Thank you God for making me feel so fucking dirty.

Anyone wants to share anything?

Views: 180

Replies to This Discussion

I had the same issue, and a great deal of guilt associated with it [not that the guilt stopped me :) ] Some of the good Catholic girls I dated were in the same boat which made things more than difficult. Very uncomfortable unless you're an exhibitionist.
My brother and I used to make stuff up for confession. We were 9 or 10 how bad could we have been? Of course, the next week we actually had something to confess.
Father forgive me for I have sinned it is 46 years since my last confession. In that time I have some times thought about nuns and had lustful thoughts.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

Latest Activity

Profile IconTruthnotfaith and Liliana joined Atheist Nexus
22 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to George Chase's discussion Cecil the Lion.
24 minutes ago
Pat replied to George Chase's discussion Cecil the Lion.
36 minutes ago
Daniel W commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post CASTING STONES IN GLASS HOUSES
1 hour ago
Randall Smith commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
1 hour ago
Randall Smith commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
1 hour ago
jay H commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post CASTING STONES IN GLASS HOUSES
1 hour ago
Loren posted a status
"Thanks! Hopefully I can figure some of my stuff out from you guys."
1 hour ago

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service