People who enjoy outdoor recreation take note, at current rates of destruction within 50 years all wilderness on Earth will be gone.

Losing the wilderness: a 10th has gone since 1992 – and gone for good

The world’s last great wildernesses are shrinking at an alarming rate. In the past two decades, 10% of the earth’s wilderness has been lost due to human pressure, a mapping study by the University of Queensland has found.
Over the course of human history, there has been a major degradation of 52% of the earth’s ecosystems, while the remaining 48% is being increasingly eroded.
According to... James Watson, senior author on the study, “If this rate continues, we will have lost all wilderness within the next 50 years.”

image source

Views: 14

Replies to This Discussion

And the cause? Answer: The Donald Trumps of the world.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

Latest Activity

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service