I made some of these bars and they are very yummy.
Author: Lindsay L
- 1 cup oat flour (i just ground up oats in my food processor until I have enough to fill 1 cup)
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder (2 heaping scoops)
- 1 cup Rice chex cereal
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp chocolate chips, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, protein powder, cereal and chia seeds.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter, milk and honey.
- Microwave for 30 seconds, stir and microwave 15-30 sec more.
- Add liquid mixture into dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Add 1-2 Tbsp water if necessary to make sure all dry ingredients are moistened. (Mixture will be crumbly).
- Use parchment paper to press the mixture into an 8×8 pan (I use a 9×9 and just leave about an inch empty on one side).
- Freeze for 20 minute.
- Cut into bars (I cut mine into 8 bars).
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
- Melt chocolate and spread or drizzle over the bars.
You could use unflavored protein powder but you’d probably need to increase the amount of honey for sweetness and you might need to decrease the milk.
You could use other cereals like Rice Krispies instead of the Chex.
Use your favorite nut butter if you don’t like peanut butter.