http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/15/julie-bass-front-yard-gar_...

Stupid people.   I have fruits and veggies in my front yard, and I see them popping up all over my town.  Anybody here with front yard kitchen gardens?

Views: 17

Replies to This Discussion

This is ridiculous.  In my city, there are many people with vegetable gardens in their front yards.  A few years ago, I dug up the bushes that lined my house in order to put in blueberries.  Not as ornamental, sure, but how fun it is to walk out in our jammies with our bowls of cereal to pick fresh blueberries to load on top.  People need to settle down.  I love her front yard garden, and I hope they get off her back.  I grow my vegetables in the back yard, only because the sun is better, but I think it would be wise for all of us to faze out ornamentals and plant producers instead.
My front yard is bgradually re-shaping as a fre-form edible landscape, with cherries, figs, peaches, plums, blueberries, tomatoes, beans, strawberries, garlic, rhubarb.....   It's really a mess, but gradually starting to clean up the weeds.  Fortunately, other yards in my area area also a mess.  You are right about the jammies. 

RSS

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2017   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service