exposing abuse | Jehovah’s Witnesses on trial | part 1 (TheraminTrees)

There really is no other way to say it: prepare to be revolted, disgusted, and made sick to your stomach.  Our good friend, TheraminTrees has had a considerable look at a recent commission executed by the government of Australia, digging into various incidences of child abuse in that country.  In particular, TT put his attention on "Case 29," regarding allegations of abuse by the Jehovah's Witnesses.  What was revealed in those hearings was not just systemic coverups, but practices aimed solely at the protection of the organization, blaming the victims, and an utter failure to rectify, correct, or in any way render justice for those who were abused.  Sound familiar?

What I personally find more disturbing is this thought: if such events are going on in Australia, they are almost certainly happening anywhere the JWs are active, including the United States.  Yet, even in the face of well-publicized reports, first in Boston back in 2002 and last year in Pennsylvania, I haven't heard a damned thing about the US Department of Justice doing any kind of investigation into ANY kind of systemic child abuse here ... and I have to wonder why not.

The following isn't pretty but I think it's important as hell, and I urge you to give it audience.

Views: 113

Replies to This Discussion

Patricia, You came into my life when I had cancer and were a pillar of strength for me. I experience you as a trustworthy, honest, honorable, principled, warm, generous person. I loved you from day one!

Thank you Joan. That means so much.

Know yourself.
Own yourself.
Defend yourself.

A good summary, Loren!

YES!

Knowing myself required me to do some learning, which didn’t happen in a day, but IME people who know themselves don’t need to defend themselves.

Tom, I like that idea!

Know yourself!
Own yourself!

RSS

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service