Anyone planning anything for Labor Day?

Just wanted to see what everyone is up to.

Views: 333

Replies to This Discussion

It depends on what you like doing - there are waterfalls, a park at Mohonk where you can go bouldering; trilobite fossils ...

oh wow - interesting

I'm spending the day at home except for a short bike ride out.  I've been staying at home on weekends and holidays because of my extreme dog allergy.
Thankfully today my head is relatively clear of the allergic fuzziness.  I got exposed last Wednesday because I was in the LH turn lane and someone pulled up on my RH side with a big dog in their car, and I was downwind from the dog :(  Before I could do anything I had been exposed.
Then on Friday someone pulled up behind me with a dog in their car in the LH turn lane and I was downwind of it, and I may have gotten some allergen from that.
I'm somewhat trapped while waiting in the LH turn lane, and dogs in cars sneak up on me.  So I'm making my LH turns a different way now, not in the turn lane.
It's been extremely frustrating.  I'm almost always experiencing an allergic reaction, because dogs (and cats) are very very difficult to avoid.  And I think it's crucial to my recovery to avoid being exposed, to get out of this chronic inflammatory state.

Bike rides are so relaxing

Staying off the highway.  Cookout with family. Trying to find a news channel without all of this repetitious back and forth about Syria.

Labour Day is celebrated in one way or another in at least 80 countries in the world. It dates back to the Industrial Revolution which is well and truly over. Primary Industry is cheaper in China and wherever a low wage and poor conditions can be levied on the unfortunate worker.

In the West, Trade Unions have little power, people take on a proper job and can barely support their families. The spirit of labour day is gone.

It belongs to a past era.

Just as the feudal era ended when people refused to submit to traditional ways of doing things, so, too, is the capitalist era ending because people refuse to submit to the constant booms and busts designed into the processes and the growing split between rich and poor. The question is ... what comes next?

A new entrepreneurial energy ferments, an inventive appetite, an exploration for ways to live a happier more fulfilling life sizzles all around me. There is a pep, urgency, liveliness in the air. Kind of like I remember in 1945. Something is brewing in the hearts and minds of ordinary people.

I am delighted to be home, having my second cup of coffee and reading as the rain drizzles outside. I recently discovered mineral water, and it suits my taste buds very well. Toss in a splash of lemon, a bit of mint from the garden, a bit of ice ... can't think of anything better. I am content.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service