I just talked to a troubled lady this morning and she revealed to me that her long-time husband had died recently.  Then she added that he had cancer, and was given a 6 month prognosis 10 years ago.  She said she was so blessed because god had given her all those extra years.  She also said that the he really suffered for the second half of those years.

????????????????? ??

?!

Just wanted to vent and see how often you encounter crazy shit like this.

Views: 538

Replies to This Discussion

I meant to add..."Whatever a 'soul' is. Or isn't."  (Aretha Franklin?)

I have a problem with just about anybody who uses a prettified euphemism for death anymore.  Especially the single word "passed."  "Passed" WHAT?  An exam? Every other car on the road?  The butter?  GAS?

I'm crude.  But I figure that since I "passed" 70, I'm entitled to be as crabby and rude as Maxine now.

I'm loving it!

I wouldn't think you mean if you told her to grow up. And you don't even consider what she does to you!

I once heard a family member of mine say that they just couldn't go on living if they weren't certain that their deceased son was sitting next to the zombie jesus right now.

I just got a mental image of what it would look like if every person whose friends and relatives believed he/she was "sitting next to Jesus" actually was.

The phrase "Jesus is sitting on the right hand of god" cracks me up, too.  Does god have his hand flat, or is his thumb up....?

[ducks and runs for the door]

I like to picture billions of spontaneously and intentionally aborted fetuses next to Jesus.

LOL!  I love it!  Especially when you consider that about 50% of ALL blastocysts or embryos spontaneously abort before anyone knows they're in there.

T'would be messy.

PS: Thanks for the personal message.  I'm working on it; this place, and other e-friends are all helping a lot.  What p*sses me off the most is that there are still thousands of fence-sitters and atheist newbies out there who need to read what she had to say.  Her web site will remain up as long as the webmaster can hang onto the domain name.  http://s129542369.onlinehome.us/thh/

(Her webmaster put a totally inappropriate quote from Aristophanes under her photo, but he's not "one of us."  Yet.)

The name thing is the first thing I thought of when I started into your post.  How crazy. 

I know a man whose mother did worse than that...she named him after a previous son who died when he was 3 or 4 yers old.  And he has always known that!

He uses his middle name professionally.

Creepy

Srsly.

funny cat pictures - ♪Iz bringing creepy back, dem humans don't know 'bout my sneak attack♪

It happens more often than you think. My father was named after a brother that died at the age of one  - and he got the same illness that killed his brother, but survived. After that they spoiled him rotten, giving him everything meant for his brother and he grew into an lazy,egocentric, nasty man.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Supporting Membership

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service