To me, this is a big deal (though it may not be to them): two great YouTube video producers have joined forces to deliver one very powerful message on an important subject.  TheraminTrees and QualiaSoup (brothers, I believe) have recently released a video regarding the topic of OFFENSE: how it is given, how it is taken, and how it can be used to various ends.  Most of all, this video deals with why offense should not be squelched out of hand but at least tolerated as a mechanism for maintaining open minds.

As always, TheraminTrees has wrung the full value out of the subject material, doubtless with considerable support from QualiaSoup.  The result is a philosophical and educational feast for us all.  The only thing left to say is: DIG IN!

Views: 48

Replies to This Discussion

Our friends, Hitchens and Fry, gave us an example of how to respond to those who express feeling "offended" if we make fun of, satirize, or call into question beliefs that make no sense to the thinking mind. Remember the classic response of Stephen Fry:

"It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that" as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I'm offended by that.' Well, so fucking what?"

Let him say it for us: 

Wonderfully put, Joan.  Thank you for posting this.

Mr. Fry is a favourite!

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service