What's really going on in the Vatican? What do atheists think about the Pope's stepping down?

Amid all the impending pomp and College of Cardinals politicking (men in brocades!), Benedict's departure takes place under the shadow of internal memoranda that supposedly tell how things REALLY are in the Vatican. 

Does this have anything to do with the Pope's resigning?  I don't care, but over a billion enslaved Catholics care very much.

Oh, wow.  I can hardly wait till excerpts start appearing in Penthouse.   Sorry, just kidding, nothing like that.  Well, something like that: the memos may contain records of Cardinals being blackmailed because they're gay.

Also, we find that the Vatican is rife with politics and abuses of power.

Humanist reaction: Who knew?  Take a hierarchy of sexually repressed men, clothe them in androgynous, anachronistic robes symbolizing rank, and guess what? They jockey for power and they abuse power.  You thought they were above that kind of thing?  That's religion's big lie: pious public behavior covers vile private behavior.  But they're no different from GM, Brown University, or the Pentagon - hierachies all, rigid power structures.

Other comments?

Views: 212

Replies to This Discussion

I think they will just get someone like him so not much is really going to change. Just a new guy as Pope - doing the same kind of stuff. "Religion's Big Lie" - more lies to come.

I think he is trying to hide something but it will come out eventually.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2019   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service