Women all over the world are seen to be getting more and more active, even in areas which were said to be men's bastions. Why then are there far fewer women atheists compared to men? Are women more religious? Are they still dominated by their men? Or by religious authorities? Are they too busy in their domestic affairs or are they simply not concerned? What is it? 

MADHUKAR KULKARNI.

Views: 4491

Replies to This Discussion

Please don't tell me that perhaps....most of the attractive "women" that are atheists, are lesbian then??? No, please, I don't want to believe that...Then again, maybe you are right. Maybe most of the "straight" women ARE christian, and most of the attractive atheists women ARE lesbian, is that correct???

Give me some examples of famous, recent, attractive, straight atheist women, so I can read about them. Go ahead and give me some names, okay?

What. The. Hell.  If I give you names, are you just going to say that they're not attractive because you don't find them attractive?  I linked to a picture of my model friend, but I guess she's not famous so it doesn't count.  If I said Katharine Hepburn, you would say it's not recent enough.  Oh, here's a good one!  AYAAN HIRSI ALI. 

Famous, recent, straight, atheist woman.  Now what part of her is not attractive to you, huh?

I don't 'get it'. I visit atheist sites to talk about religion and non-religion and how this affects our society etc. How it interferes with government, private property, tax evasion, the war on Christmas and Christians (haw)...etc.

How one dresses, how one 'looks' isn't on my radar. It's no more important to me than if you write with a pen instead of a pencil.

For the most part, I have seen much 'beauty' in all the females that post on these forums. Their beauty shows in how they write their postings. That's what we're all about isn't it? When it comes to the war on non-believers - you can bet each one of us is a damn beauty queen/king. We need every one of us to stand up against what is certainly the dumbing down of our society.

I don't look at the pictures much because how do I know that is what you really look like? Are we going to have all the women posting 'model' type pictures so we can get off this subject?

Some people place more importance on the aesthetically pleasing than others, and it's not always a bad thing.  We've got things like bronze age fertility icons and statuesque Greek gods to show that cultural beauty ideals have been important to us for as long as we've been around.

Interestingly, the only consistently preferred traits that have appeared in just about every human culture ever in existence... are symmetry and proportion of features.

Kacie - you are more than good....you ar SUPER!

See how attractive a 'person' can be by what they speak?

Uh...  Thank you?  LOL!  Sorry, I don't think I'm getting the point of your post, Steven.  Of course I agree that a mental attraction is very important; it is perhaps the most important determiner of attraction for me, personally.  I just don't think it's wrong for a society to have beauty ideals.  We should educate others on how harmful certain unattainable beauty ideals are, but it is not wrong in and of itself to have a shared image of what, physically speaking, is preferred in this or that culture.

And I don't mean to say that it's okay to discriminate against others because of their looks - I've had enough of that as the fat kid in school - but just that there are certain instinctual preferences when it comes to physical appearance that are pretty much impossible to dig out of the human psyche.  Like I said, symmetry and proportion, and also general markers of health such as cleanliness and weight.

Ok...let me try to explain. I've pretty much stated i come to atheist websites for mental stimulation 'regarding atheism and non-belief' and how we are slowly becoming the United States of Stupid. We rank 39th out of 40 in evolutuion belief (turkey being # 40).

How one looks or how one dresses or how one grooms themselves is just not a part of what I'm looking for in an atheist forum. That doesn't mean I can't or won't participate a bit - but I don't have a clue if any 'icon' being posted is real or not.

I thought it was 'super' that you posted beautiful looking atheist women pictures - since this was being challenged. you'd of thouight that would have been enough to shut those men up - but alas - it has not. They just seem to want to harp and harp on what an atheist female 'looks like.

BORING......not productive either. There are dating sites for that!

Gotcha.  :)

Steven, I am in agreement with you and thankfully there are other Atheist Nexus discussions taking place.  The delete button is a great friend. 

SPECIAL NOTE: CHRISTOPHER HITCHENS HAS PASSED AWAY ON THURSDAY, ACCORDING TO VANITY FAIR...I did read about him often, and watched video by him.....

Gorgeous!  and bright, articulate, strong, atheist, and I assume heterosexual, but who cares, she is just stunning, even without makeup. 

Yes!  I've only recently started to learn about her.  It's a shame that she's not as well known as the prominent male atheists.  And, yes, I assume she's heterosexual since she's married to a man.

LOL.  I think she's my new hero(ine).

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service