I had a thought this morning, and realized that I couldn't narrow down my list of favorite words to just one. There are so many wonderful words out there, how can I possibly choose a single favorite! And so, I pose the question to you: What are your favorite words, and do you have more than one?

My apologies if a similar thread has already been started, I didn't see one...

My personal favorite words are currently:

Chimerical: adj.
1. unreal; imaginary; visionary: a chimerical terrestrial paradise
2. wildly fanciful; highly unrealistic: a chimerical plan

Serendipity: noun
1. an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident
2. good fortune; luck

Discombobulate: verb (used with object)
1. to confuse or disconcert; upset; frustrate: the speaker was completely discombobulated by the hecklers

Views: 124

Replies to This Discussion

Grundgetta, I believe that was just body glitter in Twilight.
A couple come to mind:

• Outstanding - Not one you hear very often, and you can enthuse when you say it.
  • Counter-intuitive - Especially since some things are NOT intuitively obvious, and need to be learned.
Nooooo! Loren you stole my favorite word of all time; counter-intuitive. It is one of those words that is so concise in describing what it means and it has a nice sound. I tend to like euphonious words in general but this one, even though it is a mix, still tops my list.
Counter-intuitive
propinquity

In social psychology, propinquity (from Latin propinquitas, nearness) is one of the main factors leading to interpersonal attraction. It refers to the physical or psychological proximity between people.

Propinquity can mean physical proximity, a kinship between people, or a similarity in nature between things.

nearness or proximity

propinquitās (Latin)

1. nearness, propinquity, proximity (in space or time)
2. (figuratively) connection, affinity, kindred, relationship (of people)

RSS

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service