Anyone still interested? I see at least one person is :P

So... suggestions for a theme for October? The last time the theme was "Classics". So something a little different this time around, maybe?

EDIT:

We're voting! Cast your vote by listing the 3 books you'd like to read the most.

Nominees:
H.P. Lovecraft: At the Mountains of Madness
Poe: The Pit
Mary Shelley: Frankenstein
George Orwell: 1984
Bram Stoker: Dracula
Stephen King: The Shining
Anne Rice: Interview with the Vampire

Views: 31

Replies to This Discussion

My new book is available on Amazon. :-) It's called Christian No More.

But I'm always looking for other books to read. I just picked up a copy of Physics of the Impossible. It's pretty interesting!
I think Horror or something similar would be fitting for the season...
Hmm, I like that idea - Horror, for the dark and rainy evenings. Does anyone object...?
Horror sounds fine to me.
Ooooh, I haven't read a good horror tale in a while.
Horror sounds good!
Horror sounds good, so how about some suggestions. We could go 'Classic' and read "Frankenstein" or "Dracula." Or maybe something not specifically horror but still the scariest book I have ever read -- "1984." Other ideas?
Actually I've never read any george orwell books, I've been told 1984 is real good...wouldn't mind discussing that!
Dracula and Frankestein are also good choices, I've read them and loved them.
It's a good book indeed. Though I'd personally prefer to read something new...

Frankenstein seems like it would be more interesting to me.
I think Dracula would be a good choice. I have an unfair advantage as I have already read it. One thing about the book is that it has actual locations like Whitby, Yorkshire and Highgate Cemetery, London (I've been to both places.) It adds to the interest of the novel.

On the other hand, H.G. Wells War of the Worlds would be another good choice. Extremely well written and good social commentary (including a wigged-out curate who is appropriately dealt with by the book's narrator/protagonist.) It might be particularly appropriate for October as the 30th marks the 70th anniversary of Orson Welles' famous/infamous radio broadcast in the States.

Anyway, just a couple of suggestions.
I too would really enjoy a good horror story. Already read Frankenstein (very whiny) and 1984 (fantastic). Dracula sounds good. I hear H.P. Lovecraft's At the Mountains of Madness is good. Others I wouldn't mind reading are The Pit and the Pendulum by Poe, Interview with the Vampire by Anne Rice, or The Shining by Stephen King.
Hmm. Horror sounds interesting.

Not something I've read much of before..... HP Lovecraft seems interesting.

RSS

About

line

Update Your Membership :

Membership

line

line

Nexus on Social Media:

line

© 2018   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: The Nexus Group.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service